New to Houston area what is nice safe area for a single Lady to live alone?

Asked by Bridgette, Houston, TX Sat Mar 1, 2008

Rent to Own homes in Houston General Area.

Answers

19
Thomas Johns…, , Houston, TX
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Bridgette: Do not expect Realtors to answer this question, because most helpful answers posted by a Realtor could subject them to a Fair Housing violation from HUD. I would suggest using online resources such as the HPD and FBI websites for crime statistics.
Pawli, , Houston, TX
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Hi Bridgette,
As I'm not an agent I'll give you my biased opinion. :)
I agree with Jeff and Mary that the Woodlands is quite nice; a self-sustained community. It is, however, almost an hour north of Houston.
I live by the Galleria mall (about two blocks from it), which is an easy drive (or walk, even) to so many activities, restaurants, etc. If you are a single woman in her thirties it's not a bad place to be. Were I to move, I wold move to the west or central side inside loop 610.
If you tell me what your parameters are I can give you more advice. :)
Seamae Erfani, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 18, 2008
I really like living in the Medical Center Area of Woodside. There is a neighboorhood watch police-like car that travels the neighboorhood all day long. You are probably not interested in my home as it's a 2800+ square foot 4 bedroom ranch there on 9211 Riddlewood Lane http://(www.har.com). But perhaps some of the smaller homes nearby might be to your liking. Also I hear that Meyerland is a great, safe, affordable area as are Pearland, the Galleria area, and parts of the Museum District. West U. Rice U area, Bellaire are also nice but much more expensive I think. But the police crime statistic records are the way to be sure. Good Luck!
We are moving in June 2014 but don't know where is the best to be safe and raise our kids. We have been looking at home to rent from 1300 to 1500 is our limit must be 4 bedrooms so any advice from good people I would appreciate it, oh also I need it to be close to a Kingdomhall of Jehovah's Witnesses and to elementary schools! Thank you
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Tamicage45, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Feb 14, 2017
Hello I am a black single Mom of 2 out of school. I been thinking about relocating from Austin, TX. I looking for Income base places, nice area but Safe mostly affordable. Could any one give me a little advise .
Lucyconnorwi…, Home Buyer, Melbourne, FL
Sun Jan 15, 2017
I think south houston would be what you are looking for. check out http://www.ayoetex.com/w_Mason+Luxury+Homes+in+Houston/ they have alot of information on where to find good housing. best of luck
B-linda222, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Dec 8, 2015
can anyone help me find a location in Houston that is nice and safe for a women to live
Corinthia Sc…, Home Buyer, Sugar Land Central, Sugar Land, TX
Tue Sep 11, 2012
single lady mid 50's looking for nice home in a safe area any suggestions
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Please contact my office and we will be glad to help you with your search.
Joanie Schaa…, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Aug 6, 2012
I am particularly careful when working with single women in finding their perfect home. The best way to help you is to tell you how to help yourself. This way you can cover a large number of neighborhoods quickly without having to go back over the same territory over and over. Check with the closest police station/sub-station and get their crime statistics. Keep in mind that in today's world, no place in Houston or any other city, is going to be perfectly "safe"! I have lived as a single woman a number of years in the past, and that is why I'm so sensitive to women like you.
James Cramer, Home Buyer, Hilltop Lakes, TX
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Check out Kingwood 59 north of houston Housing of all prices and even though i am out of town a lot I feel my wife is safe. greenbelt trails and community pools. the commute to houston is not bad either.
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Oct 30, 2011
The Houston Metro Area has a great number of choices and depending on if you want to be close to your job or are willing to commute is the first decision to make. Of course your price range and type of home you desire are the next. Check out my website and send me an e-mail. I would be happy to send you some specific searches of different areas so you can compare them.
Trish Rickle…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Oct 30, 2011
Bridgette:

Houston is a wonderful city and has many, many good amenities and benefits. As any major city (Houston is #4 in the country the last time I checked), crime is everywhere. Just because a crime hasn't been committed in one location in the past is no guarantee that something won't happen in the future. Additionally, neighborhoods change over time. To obtain unbiased information on crime statistics in the City of Houston, visit the Houston Police Department website, view Crime Statistics By Beat. You can enter zipcodes and the types of crimes reported will be shown. Before you decide on an area, I suggest you drive the area during the day, at night AND on a Saturday night. Ask neighbors and people in the community. They are your best sources for accurate, unbiased information on any particular neighborhood or area. Trish
Jenn, , Katy, TX
Mon May 12, 2008
Check out my house if you are interested in a great house for the money in a Houston suburb. We absolutely love the house but our family has outgrown it. My husband and I built it in 2002 and have taken immaculate care of it. We live in Katy (west side suburb of Houston) and love the area. The house is loaded with upgrades and we have made many improvements on it since we moved in. We win yard of the month on an annual basis and the inside is even nicer than the outside. Here is the web site to check it out. We welcome FHA and conventional loans and we are providing a one year home warranty for your protection. http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=9669577&am… Address: 4847 Monarch Glen Lane, Katy, TX
Thank you I will go and take a look at it .. Is your home near the 290 area ? I can get a conventional loan , what are you asking for your home ? If it is near the I-10 area then that wold be to far for me ...
Flag Tue Dec 8, 2015
Karen Savage, , Houston, TX
Sat Apr 5, 2008
Bridgette....(posted April 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM CST SATURDAY)
Glad to hear you are considering a move to Houston. It's a great place to call home! You'll find moving can be a little overwhelming for some folks, so it's important to 'connect' with someone you can trust. I'm ex-military and have moved several times over the years. I understand what it's like to pick up everything and move to a strange, new place. Safety is an important issue -- for both singles & families alike; as are other things to consider during a move. There are endless opportunities out there for you; we just have to find what meets your personal needs and goals. Let me take you on a tour of Houston to show you all the city has to offer, including behind-the-scenes things only the locals know about. I wish you the best with your move. I'm here to help you anyway I can -- just call or email me: Karen Savage, REALTOR, Keller WIlliams Realty/North(west)--Hwy 290/FM1960 area near Willowbrook Mall; 8300 FM 1960 West, Suite 310, Houston, TX 77070, direct: 281-813-9769; office: 281-664-8300,x3004; http://www.KarenSavage-Realtor.com. (You've got a friend in Texas! We aim to please! Your Greater Houston, Texas source for everything real estate.)
Allen Hebert, Agent, Spring, TX
Fri Mar 21, 2008
Please feel free to check out my website for all kinds of information about the Houston Metro Area. Crime reports are available under local resources. Please contact me so we can chat about the real estate market in this area.
Yichin Tsai, Agent, Bunker Hill Village, TX
Wed Mar 19, 2008
Sugar Land was ranked one of the safest cities. Click on the link below to read full story.
Home Ferret, , Plano, TX
Mon Mar 3, 2008
I would suggest the woodlands. Nice area.
Web Reference:  http://www.homeferret.com
Tm, , Houston, TX
Mon Mar 3, 2008
Fresno is a low crime area and you can probably get a good deal on a newer home. Try HAR.com and search using zip code 77545. Also try a website called bestplaces.net. You will be able to search neighborhoods for all sorts of statistics by zip code. Good luck.
Mary Smither…, Agent, Magnolia, TX
Sat Mar 1, 2008
Bridgette, if you can live on the North side of Houston, I would highly recommend The Woodlands. This community is designed around village centers that conveniently have your grocery store, hair cut place, vet, donut shop, etc. all in one place. The Woodlands is also a very natural and beautiful area to live in with forested areas and parks.
Web Reference:  http://www.JeffandMary.com