My son wants to move to LA and find a job in the film industry. I need info on short term rentals until he can do a permanent lease. tx

Asked by Dinah Caratini, Miami, FL Wed Jan 15, 2014

Answers

5
Tom Bashe, Agent, Temecula, CA
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hi Dinah

Your best bet for short term rentals would be to look on websites such as http://www.hotpads.com where they combine resources from both local property mgmt companies along with the MLS. Have a wonderful rest of the day and know that I'm here to help should you need my assistance!

Tom Bashe l Broker l SCA Real Estate l 951.547.0705 l Tom@SCARealEstate.com
sdwpisces, Home Buyer, Lawndale, CA
Thu Jan 23, 2014
He may want to rent a room with someone in order to get himself established. There are also long term hotel such as Residence Inn, and others which offer month to month rates.
Donna Samuels, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 15, 2014
Hello Dinah Caratini,

Thank you for contacting Trulia. I am sure you are excited for your son but nervous as well for him to be moving away. If you would like my assistance I would be more than happy to work with you. Please contact me directly at 424-256-3906 so we can discuss what he is looking for.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Donna Samuels
Keller Williams
424-256-3906
Thank you! Its very difficult to know were he should live since he doesn't know were he will work.Can I call you soon, to ask some general questions? Also, my concern is that he doesn't end in a bad area.
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014
Randy Spaldi…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 15, 2014
In addition to Craigs list you can google short term or corporate housing/Los Angeles. There are a number of apartment complexes that specialize in short term housing. Your son would only need a studio or single apartment. One of those that offers short term housing in furnished apartments with very nice amenities including heated pools, gyms, tennis courts etc, is the Oakwood apartments with several locations around LA. You can google the Oakwood apartments also. Be prepared to pay much more than you would in Miami.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Jan 15, 2014
I would recommend looking int he craigslist rental section - they have a category for short term rentals.

Best of luck.