John, Home Buyer in Nassau County, NY

My partner & I looking to purch 2nd home (condo) in Lauderdale area. Any other gay friendly 'hoods beyond the obvious W Mnrs & Oak Pk?

Asked by John, Nassau County, NY Fri Aug 31, 2012

2 bedroom, 2 bath condo.

Answers

18
Hello John,

Well guess you didn't expect so many reply's so fast huh? lol My partner and I moved here in early 2000's and decided we wanted a beach condo that was close to the "community" as well as many other things and left us with many choices. Pompano Beach, Palm Aire/Cypress Bend area and of course Fort Lauderdale all give great access to everything south Florida has to offer.

Wilton Manors is 15-20 minutes away, the beaches are all great access. Bottom line is that coming here and driving the area with some guidance will give you a great feel for it. Of course if I can be of assistqance, even for a chat about different areas, give me a shout or email at

Philip Stoetzner
984-882-8224
Philsrealtor@aol.com
How about the Victoria Park area?
Find below a direct link to neighborhood & real estate info Victoria Park

http://www.buysellhomesinbroward.com/listings/areas/110264/m…

Feel free to call me at 954-383-0090
Hi John,

If your looking for a 2/2 condo I would recommend the Galt Ocean Mile. This is a great area with a lot of new night life and restaurants opening up around it. The Galt Ocean Mile has a lot to offer with building east of a1a stepping onto the beach from your building is what living in Florida is all about! Other than living on the beach Wilton Manors, Lauderdale By The Sea and other popular areas are just a short drive away. If you want to chat please give me a call!

Brandon Piegari
Sunset Realy
C: 954.203.6100
brandonpiegari@gmail.com
Hello Richard,

How about Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale!?
Close to shopping, restaurants, entertainment and the beach.
Hereby a link showing what is available in the Las Olas area.

http://www.buysellhomesinbroward.com/listings/areas/82641/mi…

Please save the landing page as it updates when properties come available.

Feel free to give me a call at 954-383-0090 if you need more info.

Jacques
I would highly recommend Oakland Park over Wilton Manors, especially Lloyd Estates. Lloyd Estates is an amazing neighborhood with a good about of Gay and Lesbians, it is right out (North) of Wilton Manors but is much more affordable and offers some land. Currently they are finishing up some major development in the area in an anticipation for the new residents coming in. There are still a few houses in Lloyd Estates that are owned by the original owners for years, but these are being ripped down and new houses are being built. It is a neighborhood where you and your partner would be happy walking hand in hand with your pooch!
John,

There are indeed other gay-friendly neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale other than the obvious Wilton Manors and Oakland Park. The area that is best for you is dependent on the type of 2nd home condo you're interested in purchasing (price, amenities, view, etc.).

Here are a few options for your consideration:

1. Fort Lauderdale Beach - With ocean views and resort-style amenities, you'll feel like your on holiday every day. http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/fort-lauderdale-luxury…

2. Downtown Fort Lauderdale - Conveniently close to shopping, dining, with many condo options that are sure to fit every lifestyle. http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/downtown-fort-lauderda…

3. Victoria Park - Offers an eclectic mix of young and old, families and singles, condos and single-family homes and more. http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/victoria-park-homes-fo…

4. Coral Ridge - Not as eclectic as Victoria Park, but still offers a nice variety. Plus there are more waterfront options. http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/coral-ridge-homes-for-sale/

There are many more options to choose from John. If you would like help navigating the Fort Lauderdale real estate market, please contact me.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040
Hi Chad, Sorry for the delay in responding. You provided some very helpful information. Thank you for that. If I need further assistance, I will be in touch. Thanks again, John
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012
John,

Have you selected a real estate professional, yet, to help you find the right condo away but neighboring WM and Oakland Park?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi John,

I'm a gay agent, working with the top producing Florida Re/max Group. Our office is located in the heart of Wilton Manors, in the Gables Building on Wilton Drive. I would enjoy the opportunity to become your “go to,” Realtor in South East Florida. I am Dan OBrian,

HFG at Remax Preferred consists of a group of 6 seasoned professionals, and combined make up the top-producing Remax team in Florida. Our listed properties receive exposure on over 300 websites worldwide in 32 languages. They are also feature extensively through our social media outlets, local print media, and on our weekly radio show “Real Estate Roundtable” which airs every Tuesday morning at 8:30 A.M. on Channel 740 AM.

Our offices are located in Bayview, Wilton Manors, Deerfield Beach, and Plantation. The Henri Frank Group operates successfully throughout Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties. Our market expertise covers an area that extends from Pam Beach to South Beach. We are exclusively representing several new and exciting upscale “Live-Work,” condominium, and rental projects which are currently breaking ground in Oakland Park, Wilton Manors, and Downtown Fort Lauderdale. We are also short-sale specialists, and are authorized by Bank of America to directly initiate the process for their mortgage holders. In a nutshell, Real Estate is what we do, and we do it well.

Once again, we would enjoy the opportunity to be your “go to” realtor in South East Florida. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Daniel W. OBrian

Daniel OBrian,
Henri Frank Group – Remax Preferred
2166 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
C: 754-244-1933
O: 954-604-9999
F: 888-586-8171
Email: Dan.OBrian.Realtor@hotmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi John,

We have here a lot of friendly communities. It's depend where you would like to be.
Here are some properties that you look at. It will give you & your partner idea about areas and prices.

Click the link below to view. If after clicking the link, your Internet browser does not launch, right click on the link and Copy the Shortcut. Then paste the Shortcut into your browser's Address Field.

http://www.reinfortlauderdale.com/listings/propertytype/COND…

Please feel free to call, text, or email me anytime. I'm here to assist you with all your real estate needs.

Regard,
Maria Strickland
EXIT Ryan Scott Realty
954.240.6856
Masha747@bellsouth.net
http://www.REinFortLauderdale.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Good Morning John My name is Robert MacKilligan, I have been living in the Fort Lauderdale area for almost 21 years.I have been selling Real Estate In South Florida for almost 14 years and I love my work! My partner has lived in the Fort Lauderdale area for almost 30 years.We live in Davie Florida and have a nursery . The nursery is 10 acres and we love it here.! We are only 20 minutes from Wilton Manors.! My partner travels around the world and collects plants. Google him as Jesse Durko , along with his website which is http://www.jessedurko.com
Once a year the town of Davie host a "Gay Rodeo", which is known throughout the United States! It ia a Blast! If you like the country and want a lot of land, and you would like to be close to the airport as well as downtown Fort Lauderdale this is the place.!
Some other areas that are Gay friendly are, Delray Beach. This is very much a beach community just North of Fort Lauderdale (about 20 minutes). It has a great downtown area with shops and wonderful dining.! It just resently opened up a Gay bar.!
Within the town of Oaklnd Park is "Lloyd Estates" Just East Of I-95 as well as "North Andrews Gardens" and "Royal Palm Estates". I feel the price points in both of these "hoods" are a very good value.! My slogan is Iam "Your Life Partner In Real Estate"! I also work with 6 different Broward Country Banks to liquidate there foreclousers! Iam a Bank Certified Specialist! Call me at 954-234-8759 Robert G. MacKilligan or you may email your "Real Estate Profile" outlining your Real Estate needs. Hope to hear from you soon.! Robert Geary MacKilligan "Your Life Partner In Real Estate"-Bank Certified Specialist-Galleria International Realty On Las Olas.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hey Robert, I have been meaning to respond to your email for quite a while but between work and a vacation, I am way behind. You provided some valuable information and I appreciate it. If I need any more guidance, I will definitely be in touch. Thanks again, John
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi, John. I live in the "Birch Park Finger Streets" area and there are quite a few gay households. We are in between Oakland Park Blvd. and Sunrise Blvd. just west of A1A. The finger streets include NE 14th Ct. through NE 18th St. Including myself, there are three gay households on my street (out of 18 houses). We are 5 minutes or less from numerous shopping and dining possibilities, and a state park. I can be reached at (954) 224-8079. Or stop by my office in Wilton Manors at 2227 Wilton Drive and many gay or gay-friendly realtors would be happy to work with you. Vince
Vince, Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks so much for this info. Is the area your talking about considered to be Oakland Park or another town? I am going to check this area out on a map. Thanks again, John
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi John,
The city of Fort Lauderdale has a abundance of areas that you and your partner will feel comfortable purchasing. You have Victoria Park, Las Olas etc.. I feel like anywhere you purchase will give you a great sense of comfort for both you and your partner as South Florida is a diverse city. I can send you some listings and you can reach out to me whenever you are ready to talk.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Hi John:
We have some wonderful condos in the greater Fort Lauderdale area, and other than a few buildings that house a majority of older residents, there are many, many great areas to find a welcoming, diverse population. I specialize in condos and would love to hear from you to assist you in your search.
Kind Regards,

Lynne Hale
Century 21 Hansen Realty Inc
954-303-0071
lynne@lynnehale.com
John,

So, you are looking for the other end of the rainbow. Well, I know just where it is.

Greater Fort Lauderdale has a wonderful understanding and warm acceptance of all cultural diversity. Frankly, it doesn't matter where you live our the Greater Fort Lauderdale, people will soon make you feel like you beling here as valuable members of the community you choose.

Depeding on your purchase criteria (price, or do you have pets?, Do you intend to rent your condo while you are not in residence?, or do you prefer ocean, or Intracoastal, or other water views?, or maybe on a golf course?, or do you need guard-security?, or a garage?, etc), there are many welcoming condo communities everywhere.

Please call me and I'll help you select the perfect condo for you and your partner. (954) 529-5505.

John Bourassa, Realtor
RE/MAX Preferred
John, Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much for your input. If I need further assistance, I will be in touch. Thanks again, John
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi John,

Thank you for your inquiry. Ft. Lauderdale itself is a diverse community that's friendly. Selection of neighborhoods vary depending on both you and your partner's needs. There are many great condos on the market that I'm sure will interest you. If you would like to view our inventory and get detailed information visit our website listed below or feel free to give us a call 786-704-8482.

Have a great day!
Hi John,

Thank you for inquiring on Trulia in regards to purchasing a 2nd home. My team would be happy to help you find exactly what you are looking for. There are several communities like Victoria Park that is a beautiful neighborhood. Please contact me at 954-683-1002.

Michelle Van Eyssen
Broker Associate/Remax Preferred
Direct: 954-683-1002
2810 E Oakland Park Blvd #200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Email: Michelle@CarlVanEyssen.com
Hello John:

Glad you and your partner is looking to purchase a home in Florida. Most of this lovely happy and loving communities. I would be glad to help you find the property and community that meets your needs.

Wayne Solomon, P.A.| Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
2301 Glades Road|Boca Raton, FL, 33431
C: 954-668-5498
E: Wayne.Solomon@floridamoves.com
call or email me to discuss. lot of eastside areas are cool .