Kristin, Home Buyer in Indiana

My husband is getting a job in Prudhoe Bay AK. Looking for a house to buy or rent that is close to here

Asked by Kristin, Indiana Thu Aug 7, 2008

Answers

4
Logan Waller, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Aug 7, 2008
I"d be happy to refer you to a Realtor, what price range and criteria are you looking for?
Bob, , North Pole, AK
Sun Aug 31, 2008
There really are no perminant residents that live at Prudhoe Bay. The closest town is Deadhorse and is not much bigger than 2 city blocks. The closest "real" town is Fairbanks and thats the best bet for houseing. Remember that he will most likely be working a2x2 schedule (2 weeks on 2 weeks off). His company will most likely pay tranportation cost to and from work and room and board are also taken care of. Fairbanks has a good houseing market with little affect from the lower 48 slump. Lots to choose from but not cheap, around 175-250K for a 3 Bdr,2 bath with 1-2 acers of land. Energy costs are high as we use oil for heat and power generation. Depending on his pay this may or may not be a problem. I have a wood stove and it helps a lot. I start next week on my first hitch and am very excited about going. The money is very good and the overtime will run about 4hrs a day at $60.00 per. That and my military retirement pay makes both my wife and myself very happy about the posistion.
Curt, Both Buyer And Seller, California
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Is your husband doing the standard two on two off slope schedule? If so, I highly doubt you are going to want to live in Prudhoe. Find a place down south in Anchorage or the Matsu and he'll fly back and forth like 99.999 percent of slope workers. If he is going to be full time on the slope...well good luck, I can't imagine the real estate market up north is booming. I would think finding anything to rent would be tough as well...but I don't know.
Kristin, Home Buyer, Indiana
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Not sure trying to find anything out about the area. What is the closest residential town to Prudhoe bay and general info about the area