My husband has received a Military transfer to Westover, MA. We are looking at Belchertown and Wilbraham to live because of good schools. Any advice?

Asked by Dnpmic, Wilbraham, MA Thu Jan 6, 2011

It is very difficult to know where to live when moving to a new area and with Westover being a reserve base, they do not have the newcomer support that we are accustomed to in active duty areas. We are planning on purchasing a home this summer (we will be reporting at the end of May). It is easy to see what areas look great online but it would really help to have some advice from the locals. Our daughter will be a sophmore and a great school is the most important aspect. Affordablity it a close second. Thanks, in advance for your help.

Answers

5
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Fri Jan 7, 2011
Please call me> I am a vetran and a PTO president of Wilbraham.
Christine Moran
413-519-9944

I have seen first hand a lot of the homes in these areas already.
cmagnacca@wmasshomes.com
Michelle Aube, Agent, Osterville, MA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hello, and welcome to Western Massachusetts! I am a Realtor and lifelong resident of Wilbraham. I work with buyers and sellers and would be pleased to assist you. Give me a call at 413-364-7131 with any questions you may have.
Linda Fawcett, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
First of all Thank you and your husband for your service to our country. I work out of the Coldwell Banker office in our area, We have the number one office in Western Ma. I work with Buyers, and sellers. I would be happy to represent you in Buying a Home. If you would like to talk about all of the above, please contact me directly. I'd be happy to help!
Linda Fawcett;
Realtor, ePRO
413-263-3695
Linda.Fawcett@NEMoves.com
Louise Eastm…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
For community information go to my website at http://www.realliving.com/louise.eastman. You will be able to pull up information on any community in the area. Also, if you are not yet signed up to receive current active listings in your chosen areas, i can help you with that as well. I welcome you to our area, I thank you and your husband for your service. I am here for questions any time. Cell: 413 297 6794
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Fri Jan 7, 2011
First of all, thank you for your family's service to our country. I'm currently working with some Military homebuyers.

Do you know what kind of lending you'd be using or how much you've been pre-approved for regarding a mortgage? How many beds/baths/etc. will you need, and how much living area and acreage would you require?

To help you get an idea of demographics of different areas, try this link; http://www.city-data.com.

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at elizabeth@elizabethherbert.com