My family is looking to relocate to the Raleigh area. We need a house with at least 5 bedrooms. What neighborhood should we look at?

Asked by Colin, Pleasant Hill Road, Charlotte, NC Thu Apr 4, 2013

The best schools, close to shopping, fishing, golf...etc

Answers

12
Margaret Moore’s answer
Margaret Moo…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Apr 6, 2013
You've already gotten a lot of good information. I think an important point to keep in mind is where you will be working and how far you want to be from that. There are a lot of neighborhoods that will offer good schools, shopping etc. You can take a tour of many neighborhoods on my website http://www.TriangleCoast.com the tab is "video library". You can also do a search there using your specific criteria.
Hope this helps,
Margaret Moore
Homeowner919, Home Owner, Raleigh, NC
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Easy! Buy my house. We're told it's an awesome value by the people who have seen it. It's newer construction on a large lot with a large garage near downtown.

Has 5 bedrooms now, but the "bonus" could have a closet added to be a 6th bedroom if you so chose. One of the bedrooms is huge and vaulted so we really use it as a second bonus now.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3116004121-1614-Weatherford-C…

Base schools are good and all within 2 miles. Close to the beltline, Wade Ave and 40. Drive time to my work building downton is 5 mins. Drive time to Cameron Village is 8 mins. Can be at RDU in 20 mins. It's on a cul-de-sac with other like homes and not a one off nice property amidst a lot of older ones. Hedingham, RGA, and Raleigh CC are all close by (Raleigh CC is 5 mins) for golf.
Ernie Behrle, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Colin, there are many neighborhoods in the Raleigh area depending upon your price point. May I suggest you try visiting my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com where you can access the local MLS and perform your own searches. Also, the first two homes that appear on the main page of my site as Featured Homes are 5 bedroom homes that I have listed. You'll also find many links that will let you learn more about the area.

If there is anything personally I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask. I moved to Raleigh with my family in 1993 and have been listing and selling homes since 1994.

Thank You for your inquiry
Brenna Booke…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello Colin!
Wow.. you sound like me! I'm a mother of 7 wonderful kids so I know your story!!! There are many areas in Raleigh that you can consider... Schools may be a factor, price point, etc.... I'm on the Superintendent Parent Advisory Council with Wake County Public Schools so I have a little insight on what's going on with Wake County.

If you need more specifics please feel free to contact me.

Brenna Booker-Rouse (Go Realty)
"Your GO to Girl"
919-815-1710
brenna@gorealty.biz

If we do not happen to meet/chat... good luck with your search!
Brenna,
The school thing does bother me a little but I may not fully understand how placement works. My price range is from 350k to 450k. I see some nice homes in Wake Forest. As for work, I would be retired before I get there so location is more important for my kids schools than any job I may find. Thanks. Colin
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Jim Allen, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Make that number one. I left the e off.
Anyway give me at call if I can assist you! Joel
Jim Allen, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi Colin,

We have many. New and existing. Lots of great schools too. Contact the number on team (as listed in Triangle Business Journal- based on actual MLS data). We can help you without a doubt. Joel Reames (since 1981)

Joel@jimallen.com
919.576.0025
LOUELLA VENA…, Agent, raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
there are many neighbhorhoods to look at........depends on what area you want to be in and schools of course and price range Here is one great house in WAke Forest to look at in Stonegate subdivision $315,000 6br 4 baths 2321 Rainy Lake street Wake Forest Nc
let me know if you would like to see this one 919-601-7653

I am happy to speak with you further if you are also looking to meet a local realtor I am a native!
Melissa Albe…, Agent, Wake Forest, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello Colin,

I would be happy to help you and your family friend a suitable location. First thing came to my mind was MacGregor Downs in Cary but knowing your price point is needed prior to making solid recommendations. Please call 919.610.1585 or email to melissaalbert@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.melissaalbert.com
Nila Maceda…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
The neighborhood you should be looking at depends on your price range. If you can tell the amount you are pre approved for a loan, (or how much you are willing to pay cash for your house) it would be easier to point out to you the particular neighborhood. However, you may have other factor considerations. I would suggest for you to meet a realtor in the Raleigh area before driving around and visiting different builder communities. Most realtors will offer you a 1 - 1 1/2 hours of free
consultation. It would be worth your time. Welcome to Raleigh!!!
Chip Barker, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Colin,
The price range you're looking at will have a big part in determining which neighborhoods, with access to great schools, nearby shopping and amenities such as golf, sport facilities and parks, you'll want to focus on.
Raleigh has some great schools and lots of very nice neighborhoods, both old and new, near wonderful shopping districts. If you'd like to give me a call, or shoot me an email with the price range you're looking at, what size lot you're hoping to find, whether you're more comfortable with a newer home or enjoy a more established, mature neighborhood I can help you narrow your search down to a few areas.
Chip Barker
Broker, REALTOR®
919.271.1074 (Mobile)
mailto:chip.barker@pruysu.com
http://www.chipbarker.pruysu.com
http://www.facebook.com/ChipBarkerRealtor
Karen Johnson, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Colin...

There are a number of great neighborhoods in the Raleigh area that would meet your criteria, but I need a little more information, like price range, to make recommendations. Do you need to be close to work? The airport? I would be happy to set up a link to our MLS for you so you will get the latest listings sent right to your email. Call me at 919-605-6981 or email Karen@KarenJohnsonRealty.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for responding...I should be more clear about the schools, Ive heard that the school we get is not necessarily the closest, I'm not cool with that I don't think...Is wake forest the same way? Also, our price would be somewhere between 350k and 450k...also a mother in law suite would be great but not a deal breaker for the right house. I will be retired before I get there so work is not a real concern at this point...Thanks for your time.
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Susan Reinha…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Apr 4, 2013
There are lots of great neighborhoods in the area - I would suggest that you focus on your top priorities (schools, amenities, price point, etc) to refine your search. I tell my buyers to list their top 3 "must haves" in their price range, and I can find the right home.

How can I help further?