nancymooney, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

My daughter (pretty, caucasion,, 25) wants to rent in Washington Heights, W188th between St. Nicholas and Wadsworth. Is this a safe area for her?

Asked by nancymooney, New York, NY Wed Jul 30, 2014

Answers

6
Too bad your daughter isn't ugly! Then she could live anywhere!
Depends what you mean by 'pretty'. Every parent finds their child 'pretty' or 'handsome'. It depends on the thug standing off of 6th st thinks she's pretty enough to rape/rob...yet those guys will rape anything with two legs and walks, or just two legs.
Now if this wasn't the most fragrantly and messy response to a question. If you want to know the area, get off your apprehensive bottom and talk to the precinct, shop owners and residents who have lived there for quite sometime. If you can't find the courage to do so, leave your mindset and kid wherever you are. She can be "safely" raped and robbed on any given street in NYC.
Flag Mon Aug 25, 2014
Are you kidding me? Worst question ever.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 4, 2014
West of broadway is safer since it is policed by Columbia university security, and heavy pedestrian traffic. the area you mentioned is east of broadway.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 5, 2014
Jide onifade, Agent, New York, NY
I lived around the area, so far I feel safe. For accurate information you can contact the local police or use their website.
Hello Nancy,

Contact the local police department for information on crime. They should be able to give you details to help you make a better decision.