My aunt would like to transfer the deed of her house to my mother and I. What is the process for getting this done? Thanks.

Asked by Tihansley, Philadelphia, PA Thu May 5, 2011

Answers

7
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu May 5, 2011
There could be "gift" tax consequences, I would contact a CPA first, and do some tax planning before transferring the deed to your name

David Cooper..Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REO's with Cash Flow. email or call for FREE daily list. +1-7024997037 not a real estate agent
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu May 5, 2011
In order to best protect oneself, it's best to consult with an attorney for all related paperwork.
Jim Metcalf, , Arlington, VA
Thu May 5, 2011
Definitely contact a title company first and make sure you check around. I agree with Micheal, contacting some of the top agents in your area and find out who they use and if they could recommend some to you.
Benjamin Sha…, , Philadelphia County, PA
Thu May 5, 2011
Contacting a title company would be your first step. Assurance Abstract is a good one. I think that you may have to pay transfer tax in Philly, though.
Mike Booz, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Thu May 5, 2011
I would find 3 of the most active real estate agents in your area, call them and ask them what Title Companies or real estate attorneys that they use, then call those companies. TIP: don't get hung up on price. Title companies are not created equally. There are some really good ones out there and some really bad ones too. You want the job done right !
Paul Nettlef…, , Lanham, MD
Thu May 5, 2011
It depends on your state, but basically a new deed needs to be prepared transferring the title to the property from your aunt to your mother. A real estate attorney or perhaps a title company can accomplish this for your family. I would not recommend trying to do this yourself.
Marie Souza…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Thu May 5, 2011
Tihansley - You need to contact a Real Estate Attorney who can help you with this process.
The Marie Souza Team - Top Selling on Cape Cod
Cape Cod Real Estate Services
Phone: 508-790-2000
info@mariesouzateam.com
http://www.MarieSouzaTeam.com