Moving to Bridgeport....looking to rent

Asked by Jenna Tanis, Saint Petersburg, FL Wed Jun 13, 2012

Due to my husbands job it looks like we will be moving to Bridgeport sometime this fall. I have been looking at a lot of the Q&A's and I've seen a great deal about Bport being a decent place to live! What I'd like to know is what neighborhoods are the "bad" places. I'll be searching for places from FL (where we currently live) and don't want to bother with the mroe crime ridden areas of town. We have both lived in cities all of our lives so we certainly aren;t turned off by them but we know where are certain places you can walk around late at night and there are certain places you shouldn't.....I'm looking for exactly those areas I should avoid....we'll have a brand new baby with us by then :)

Answers

7
Marcus Vargas, , Bridgeport, CT
Fri Jan 11, 2013
East Side in caertain locations can be a challenge.
It is not all bad but there are certain areas that command higher prices in Bridgeport than others.
North End and Black rock areas are nice but prices can start going up. I hope you have found your rental Home!!!
Nick Gandhi, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Feel free to contact me to discuss

Nick Gandhi
203-280-3838
Ken Pond, Other Pro, Bridgeport, CT
Wed Dec 26, 2012
You get alot for your money in the Bridgeport rental market. If you would like to contact us we have properties with 2 bedroom apartments for rent. As you are city people you know that there are always ares that are better than others. We love the city and have seen great changes in the last few years to make the West and East side better. This translates into lower rents to get better tenants into these neighborhoods. Give us a call when you are readya and come take a look. Looking is always free as I tell everyone.
Ken
Nutmeg Propery Management
203.536.2905
Flamur Canaj, , Bridgeport, CT
Sun Aug 5, 2012
I live at Bridgeport sinc 1996, If you looking to move at Bridgeport, please call me at my cell 203 394 1041, and we can talk more, for me Bridgeport is nice city and I enjoy living here.
Tara Stirk, Agent, Stratford, CT
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Hi Jenna,
When you are ready to start looking give me a call. I will make sure I get you in to a nice neighborhood in Bridgeport. Is your husband going to working in Bridgeport? There are also some nice surrounding towns if you can go 10-15 minutes away. Let me know if you need any help. Just an FYI, it doesn't cost you anything to work with me. 203-650-3180 cell
Flamur Canaj, , Bridgeport, CT
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I live at North End Of the Bridegeport Citty everything is Ok NO problems.
Stephanie Ba…, Agent, Southport, CT
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hi Jenna!

I live in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport, and I love it here!

BTW, I was just down in Saint Pete this past March visiting friends... nice place.
Had the best gelato I have ever had! :)

Give me a call and we can discuss more! 203-368-8754.

Steph