Luxury Building Jersey City

Asked by Jeremy, New York, NY Sun Aug 18, 2013

Currently I live in the UES and I am considering moving to Jersey City next year. I am seeking a 1 BR luxury apartment that is safe. The apartment must have washer/dryer in the unit. My budget is about 2200. The area must be safe for me to walk my dog at all hours. Sometimes I walk my dog and 4/5 in the morning and want to feel safe doing so. I have done some research on the luxury buildings in the area and they all have mixed results. I was considering the Beacon, but some people say it is just terrible and not even in a safe area.

What are your thoughts on the Beacon and what other buildings should I consider?

Answers

1
Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Aug 20, 2013
The Beacon complex itself is gated and guarded with a dog run. I think it would be safe for you. Any issues with the area around the Beacon you would need to research for yourself. Realtors are not allowed to make judgement calls about the "safeness" of any area.

In addition to the Beacon, there are luxury high rises on the waterfront in Jersey City. This is a lovely area but $2200 would be about the bottom of the rental market in these buildings.

If you need more information, please contact me.