Love the Downtown Area, and Augusta Rd. Area. Yet, at teacher's pay, would have to rent at this time. May teach a Blythe Elem. Love to rent @ it.

Asked by Susan Wright, Greenville, SC Tue Aug 14, 2012

I had a good friend rent a house off Augusta , directly across main , that was renting, and was happy with the individuals she was renting from; very responsible. Is it a good Idea to rent to own? And if that is not an option, If you are in a situation where you must rent, and have a responsible party working with you, not someone that will throw you our for a friend, should you stay there, as I do not like the idea of apts. as I have raised my family, and watched my child graduated and will be married...so the apt. idea, just really would not feel like a home....

Answers

3
Mary Schumer…, Home Buyer, Milwaukee, WI
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Augusta Rd area very high priced; try other areas downtown. I have a house for sale at 114 Viola St. which is just north of the business district. 3b, 2 1/2 baths listed at $128,500. Very good condition.
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Johnny Lee, Agent, Greenville, SC
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Rent to own can be a great option. Would recommend prior to the signing an agreement and giving of any monies, you contact an attorney to have a proper title search performed on the property. Reasons: to make sure the selling/leasing party has the right to enter into such contract/being the owner of record. Second: to verify the mortgage status (foreclosure, etc.) third: land description matches what you’re attempting to buy. four: this will also verify that all property taxes have been paid up to date and you can even see the paying history of the current owners (paying on time or late) fifth: have the attorney advise on the contract your about to sign.

I would also recommend contacting a licensed South Carolina Realtor to assist in the process of giving an estimated value on the property as for your not wanting to enter into a contract to purchase something that will not appraise for the value.

Most important: stay within your budget as for I have found that many people love the idea of living in an area or home, and therefore will agree to whatever it takes to find themselves in trouble as time goes forward.

In closing, feel free to contact me if you have any further questions by visiting http://www.ameripriderealty.com

Johnny