Looking to relocate from Long Island to NC What area is the Best 40-50yrs old

Asked by Roseann D, New York, NY Sat Aug 16, 2008

great ares to live we are in our late 40- early 50's, No kids

Answers

2
Kathryn Gorh…, Agent, Emerald Isle, NC
Thu Sep 25, 2008
Roseann Just Looking,
A great coastal area to consider in NC is the Crystal Coast - The Crystal Coast is an 85-mile stretch of coastline in North Carolina that extends from the Cape Lookout National Seashore, which includes 56 miles of protected beaches, westward to the New River. It is also known as the Southern Outer Banks (SOBX) and is a popular area with tourists and second-home owners in the summer. I can get you more information if the beach is an area you are interested in.
Kathryn Gorham
Emerald Isle, NC
Green Key
M, , Florida
Sat Aug 16, 2008
Roseann D,
Well North Carolina is sure a large area to cover but let me try to give you some guidance. NC is basically divided into three sections; Mountain, Piedmont, and Coastal. The first step would be to decide if you have an particular preference to either the mountains (Western North Carolina); the plains of North Carolina surrounding Raleigh or the beautiful coast.
Once you have figured this out you will be better equipped to begin a more detailed search. What are your personal life style expectations, do need ready access to specific medical care, how many miles are you willing to travel to get to a major city like Asheville?
Our firm has spent the past decade addressing the question you have asked. We would love to help you with your search.
Hope this helps a little and look forward to hearing from you.
Marian Schaffer
The Schaffer Realty Group
877-866-8388
or email my office manager at terry@marianschaffer.com