Looking to find a Neighborhood in PA, kid friendly and great schools.

Asked by Elanelw, Cypress, TX Wed Oct 28, 2009

I am currently living in Texas with my son, and husband. Though now we are looking to move up to PA, and not sure what location would be best for us.We would love to live on at least .5 acres, and have a basement. If you know of a place that has great schools and a neighborhood that is kid friend I would love to know.

Answers

2
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Finding a .5 acre lot will prove difficult within City limits. there are some exceptions in the Far Northeast part of Philadelphia. Realistically, you will want to look at Bucks, Delaware and Chester Counties within the Greater Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. Your choices will depend on your budget. Of course, real estate is all about location. The better the location the higher the price. Once you apply for a mortgage pre-approval, you will know the maximum mortgage you can handle. From there it is a matter of how much cash you have for down payment and closing costs. Once we have those numbers, we can set parameters in searching for your new home. Please feel free to call me directly at 267-254-7994 to discuss this further. I'd be happy to help you anyway I can. Have a Happy & Healthy New Year!. All the best, Larry Lichtman
Sean Dawes, , Philadelphia, PA
Wed Oct 28, 2009
Elanelw,

PA is a very large area. Can you give us some more details? What is your ideal price range? What kind of home other than lot size are you looking for?

That lot size pretty much puts you out of Philadelphia, although there are some exceptions of course.

If you want to chat you can email me at sean.dawes@lnf.com

Sean Dawes