Looking to buy a few properties in Rio Rico. We are snowbirds with horses, looking to spend the winters in Rio Rico. Are Rv's and Horses allowed?

Asked by Davie, Rio Rico, AZ Wed Jan 5, 2011

Answers

4
Jeremie Roach, Home Seller, Rio Rico, AZ
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Just listed our home with barn and horse paddocks. 24 Ranchos del Rio Ct. Should be advertised online in a day or two.
Geo P, Home Owner, Rio Rico, AZ
Sat Jun 23, 2012
We have some lots in RIo Rico and you can have horses , are you still interested on buying?
Kathi Campana, Agent, Rio Rico, AZ
Thu Jan 6, 2011
Santa Cruz County Ordinance prohibits horses on parcels less than 3 acres and then only with a use permit and compliance with several criteria. Parcels over 4.2 acres permit horses by zoning. Living in an RV is not allowed in Rio Rico, however it can be parked on the homeowner's property in most areas of Rio Rico. (Check Santa Cruz County, AZ. Planning & Zoning) Outside Rio Rico's platted subdivision lots in the unincorporated county, rules may vary.
KathiC, Homeowner, property owner, Realtor
Fred H. John…, Agent, Nogales, AZ
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Dear Davie,

Yes you can have horses on land parcels larger than 4.13 acres and there are no restrictions on RV except that you can't live in one on a vacant lot unless you are personlly living there while building your home. There are a variety of locations in Rio Rico and also in Tubac Foothills north of Camino Josefina. I can show you some great bargains on acreage up to 8 and 12 acres.

Call me on my cell phone at 520.275.7050 and if you miss me leave a message and I will get right back to you.

Fred Johnson, Realtor
Brasher Real Estate,Inc.