General Area in Austin>Question Details

Movingsoon, Home Buyer in Sacramento County, CA

Looking for neighborhood with tree-lined streets in Austin area

Asked by Movingsoon, Sacramento County, CA Sat Jun 12, 2010

Hi. I'm looking for a home in the Austin area - Round Rock, Cedar Park, or anywhere with 45 minutes of downtown Austin. I really want a neighborhood with lots of trees, with tree-lined streets, similar to this . If there was something similar, that would be fantastic. I also need to be close to highly-rated public schools, and being close to shops (not strip malls) would be a plus. Under $300k would be idea. I don't have an agent yet...

Dear Moving Soon,
Welcome to Texas my friend! Hyde Park is close to downtown and has the shady tree lined streets you seek. You can get an older 1930-1940 home under $300K in this neighborhood, but it will be small say under 1800SF. If you go a bit further north up to Baclones you can find a little larger home 2000+SF under $300K and still have the mature trees. Give me a call with the details of what you want in your next home and I can set up a custom search for you to come directly to your email.

Betina Foreman, Realtor
Our house is for sale and is on a cul-de-sac with tree lined streets. It's a great neighborhood - Gracy Woods area in North Austin.
All of the areas you mentioned have streets like the picture you sent. Although, Central Austin will have more treed covered streets and local shops. Depending on your other criteria, you may pay more for less to live here. As far as the schools are concerned, there are many acclaimed schools in the areas you mentioned. Based on the criteria you've given so far, it is hard to pinpoint the perfect area for you. However, with more detailed information I could point you in the right direction. Welcome to the Austin Area!
Congratulations on your choice of moving to Austin. You won't regret it. I live in Hyde Park, which is about as central as you can get in Austin.,_Austin,_Texas
We have wonderful tree lined streets. Parks, grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, schools, US Post Office, in fact just about everything is in walking distance. Several bus routes run right through the neighborhood. It is as good as it gets. I personally love it. If you're willing to sacrifice size over location, you too can live in the best neighborhood in Austin. I would love to help you find your dream home. Welcome to Austin!

Phillip Baird
Austin Real Estate Shop
Hello Movingsoon,
There ae lots of beautiful neighborhoods in Round Rock and Cedar Park with tree lined streets and close to shops, and much less "pricey" than central Austin. Also, around the Lakeline area you can find the types of streets you are seeking. You didn't say what style home you are looking for. You can find small cotttages or expansive contemporaries in these areas, depending on your many square feet/bedrooms/baths do you need/want? Do you like older or newer - really new neighborhoods typically have tiny trees, but there are many that are 10-20 years old that have large trees. Since you don't have a REALTOR yet, I'd be happy to help you find the perfect home in the best location for your needs. My contact info is below. Happy Moving! Hope to hear from you.

Cindy Crawford, REALTOR®
Hello, Movingsoon!

Tree-lined streets are certainly something most of us love to live on! And I would recommend Central Austin. This area can be pricey -- certainly exceeding your desired range but with a little effort, there are homes to be found. Looking at the picture you provided through the flickr link, this area is a mirror image. The Arboretum area offers a wonderful selection of shops (not a strip mall) and The Domain might actually make someone salivate -- check out Gold Class Cinemas. Both are minutes away from Mo-Pac (Hwy 1). And lastly Hill Country Galleria is in the opposite direction in Bee Caves, 25 minutes away and offer an outdoor amphitheatre during the summer months.

I have been licensed for ten years and Austin is a wonderful place to raise a family. I am more than happy to forward you school information and anything else you may be interested in. If you wish, please forward me an email to and I could create you a list of homes fine-tuned to your wants and desires to view at your leisure. Another thing - I am surrounded by a team of people who can make your relocation from California very smooth:
Web Reference: