Kissimmee Rentals

Asked by James, UK Wed Mar 4, 2009

Hi everyone, We bought a townhome in Kissimmee and can't seem to get anyone interested in renting our property short term or long. A neighbor has his rented all of the time. Our prices are similar and we are with the same management company and the townhomes are new, his is a three bedroom and ours four. We took possession in January of this year and so far, no rentals, any ideas?

Answers

4
Bruce, , Orlando, FL
Sat May 9, 2009
Hi James,

Yours is an interesting question as there are a ton of variables. First, does your management company provide bookings? While your property is in the same neighborhood is it furnished to the same standards as the competition? Electonics, game systems etc make a HUGE difference in occupany rates, as does the community. Is your neighbor doing any personal promotion to secure bookings? The successful owners have postings on multiple sites like VRBO, Homeaway, Villas2000 etc. Plus they often promote locally through PTA, office, church etc. I know of a few owners that actually give away a free week as a promotion! To be successful one must be proactive, the typical management company isn't as able to fill the unit as the owner can. These are the things that I review and assist my buyers with before purchase.

Bruce H. Wehr
Christine Se…, Agent, Davenport, FL
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Hi James

Many of my clients advertise their rental on VRBO.com and other sites like that.
Also, I recently heard that some owners are doing really well by auctioning
weeks on Ebay and posting weeks on Craigs list.

Regards
Christine Selzler
phone: 352-636-3510
Andrew Cotti…, Agent, Campbell, FL
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Greetings James,

Here is just a suggestion but find another management company. Look into Discovervacationhomes.com. This is a consortium of ten of the larger more respected companies in our area. Most importantly give many companies a call or visit and then go with one that fits you and your needs best. Feel free to drop me an email should you have any other questions.

Andrew Cottier
Brent Ferry, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Your managment company does not do bookings as well?

What community is your townhome in?