203K lenders in Indiana? Other options for "as is" houses?

Asked by Jill Kristine, Anderson, IN Tue Oct 16, 2012

My husband and I found our perfect home. The problem is that the copper plumbing pipes have been stolen - they were stolen after the house was put on the market due to the fact that the seller (a bank in GA) failed to repair locks on the house, making the house accessible for a series of months. We are working with the seller to negotiate this issue since it's their negligence that caused the problem. As soon as we asked if they would make an exception for us, they lowered their counter offer, which tells us that they don't want to fix it, but also don't want the house sitting on their financials anymore.

We're having a hard time finding a bank who will lend us money since it's not livable. Can anyone give us the name of a bank or loan officer in the Anderson/Muncie area of Indiana that will finance an "as is" property? Other than the plumbing, there is nothing about the house that would make it un-livable. Thanks!

Answers

1
John Massey, Agent, Anderson, SC
Wed Oct 17, 2012
There are a couple of options for you. Call 317-482-9166 to discuss.