Is there any prohibition on members/ residence of a condominium association knowing who is delinquent in paying condominium dues and fees.?

Asked by Johnm, Voorhees, NJ Thu Sep 15, 2011

Answers

5
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
I don't know if it is your "right", but I have certainly seen it happen before. Condo/homeowner associations use it as a method of embarrassing the delinquent members into paying up. I believe they can publish the list in the community newsletter if there is one.

I agree with my colleagues below. I would start by seeking out a member of the board and asking them if you request one. Even if they don't know or if it hasn't happened before, they can put it to a vote before the board.

Hope this helps! Eric
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com
Ines De La C…, Agent, Marlton, NJ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
Hello Johnm,
Thank you for your question.
I have seeing clients show me a list prepared by the Association stating which units are behind in their payments and who is current.
You have the right to know what is the percentage of people paying on time specially if you have intentions on selling or buying, specially with an FHA buyer, a questionnaire will be sent by the mortgage co. asking the ratios if they are no good they will be unable to give a mortgage to that buyer.
I lost one transaction to that unfortunately.
Ines De La Cruz, Realtor, ABR
RE/MAX Connection.
inesdelacruz@remax.net
Web Reference:  http://www.inesdelacruz.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Sep 15, 2011
Johnm,
It will depend upon your bylaws and those who enforce them. Are you self governed with a board, check with some board members. Do you have a management company collecting dues, check with them.
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Thu Sep 15, 2011
Not usually, but the written rules are the rules. Review them and if you are not prohibited per the rules you are entitled to the information.
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
I wouldn't think so, but check your association bylaws.

Laura Giannotta