Is the West side of Aurora a good value & safe neighborhood to raise children?

Asked by Susan, 60504 Wed Jun 27, 2007

Answers

9
Helena Kies, , Royana Realty, Ltd.
Tue Sep 2, 2008
West Aurora is a great place to live. There are terrific schools including Aurora University, West Aurora High School, several good public middle schools and elementary schools. The parochial school in the area are also very good. It is convenient to I-88 and major highways and shopping is readily available. Park district offerings are great including Blackberry farm, Splash Country, the Vaughn Athletic facility to name just a few. You are close to bike trails and many other amenities. I have lived here for many years and wouldn't want to live any place else.
Dave Richert, Agent, Aurora, IL
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Susan,

Great question... The West Side of Aurora can be a great place to live and raise a family. My wife and I chose to move here after living in Naperville and Plainfield for a number of years. I grew up in this area and am happy to live here again and call it home... We have two girls, ages 7 and 4...

If moving to this area, I would strongly suggest using a local West Aurora Realtor... Knowing the areas in this part of town are very important. There are always great deals out there...

I know of 3 or 4 homes right now that are undervalued in great neighborhoods...

-Dave
Pete, Both Buyer And Seller, Aurora, IL
Tue Jan 15, 2008
Susan,
As Joe states, West Aurora is a Good place to choose diversity and choice of neighborhood. The Schools are really good, I sent 2 girls through Nicholson Elementary, through Jewel Middle Schol and on to West Aurora High. The schools you want need to be researched, as any good parent would want to do, as I did when I moved here 11 years ago. When I moved here, I lived in unincorporated Aurora, and for the past 10 years Aurora proper on the river. I do not ever regret moving here from Park Ridge,
They yards are bigger , the houses aren't as close together, better sq footage for the $$, and the good quality of life is really we all want. We are close to All , the Metra station is right downtown on the River by Hollywood Casino, the Paramount Theatre and Paytons Roundhouse, with room enough to smell fresh air and enjoy quiet yards, Go canoeing, biking, or If you want Chicago Downtown, its just 40 minutes by train. Or Drive the expanded lane I-88, 294 40 minute drive to Ohare Airport.
New Condo's on the River, established stable neighborhoods or new developements ,and you can choose the area you wish.

I know you will enjoy the area.

Pete
Joe Graham, Agent, Aurora, IL
Thu Jun 28, 2007
There are people who will say good and bad about any place on earth. The fact is that Aurora's west side features a wide array of neighborhoods from the Historic District, to LeGrande Blvd to newer neighborhoods like Orchard Valley and Golden Oaks (just naming a few) that are terrific neighborhoods with wonderful people and community events. Aurora like most Midwest communities really is safe, and has strong intentions to support family recreation and sense of community.

Joe Graham -
Coldwell Banker Primus Realty
630-452-1648
Ryan Kurtz, Agent, Oswego, IL
Fri Oct 11, 2013
Susan-One thing we, as Realtors, need to be cautious of is not to steer you in a particular direction as it would be a violation of our license laws. Someone else mentioned that there are good and bad sections in even the most ideal town. I've seen good and bad stretches on the same street of some towns. I'm sure you can relate. When we begin your home search, I recommend revisiting the neighborhoods you liked the most, but at different times of the day/night. You might also park your car and take a walk around the block(s) of the areas you are considering. Virtually, you could use a website like: http://www.onboardnavigator.com/webcontent/
Rose, , USA, Mobile, AL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
(I understand this is an old post, but this information may be helpful for anyone else reading this post.)

Being a product of the West Aurora school system, I'd say it's a good place to raise your children. The schools are good to above average. I personally went to public school but there are many options for private, if that is your focus. We have several city parks, including blackberry farm and the water park on the far west end of town. There are a pocket areas that may be considered less than desirable to live, but nothing horrible.

As Dave Richert mentioned, it would be best to work with a local real estate agent that knows this area. My family has worked with Linda Pilmer of Pilmer Real Estate for several years. She is a well of knowledge regarding the Aurora area.

http://www.pilmerrealestate.com/‎
tuxdux99, Home Seller, Aurora, IL
Fri Aug 2, 2013
We have a lovely home for sale in West Aurora - close to I88, Metra, Vaughn Athletic etc. we live in Deerpath Estates - tucked behind Orchard Rd. - close to everything. Quiet but convenient to everything! There is a brand new middle school walking distance. The listing is 1318 Deerpath Circle - please take a look and ask your realtor for a showing! Also, we are having an open house on August 11th 1-4.
Ekerry.com, , Wheaton-Glen Ellyn
Sat Mar 29, 2008
Check it out for yourself. Use our site to learn more.
Greg Zaccagni, , Illinois
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Check out Blackberry farm and the park district swimming pool just across the street. Even has a lazy river ride. Especially fond of Presbury. Are you familiar with that subdivision?

Greg Z