Is it feasible to live in Helendale and work at Fort Irwin? I know of people doing this with Victorville and Apple Valley

Asked by Carleen Victoria Cuevas, Palmdale, CA Thu Sep 13, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3062759055-14335-Schooner-Dr-He…

Answers

5
Sandra Spine…, Agent, Helendale, CA
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Hello Carlene,
Welcome to Silver Lakes Resort (Helendale). Ft Irwin is about an hour and change from Helendale (depending on how far you are from the main gate). I have been blessed to work with our Military families locating "home" in Silver Lakes. As I understand, there are car pools from here to Ft Irwin, as there are many who choose to live here and enjoy our life style, when work hours are over.

Gratefully,
Sandi Spinelli
Spinelli Realty
760-780-8047
Devona Garri…, , Beaumont, CA
Wed Sep 26, 2012
I guess it depends on you and if you think you can drive that much. Keep in mind that will put you on the road for two hours a day. Some would be fine with that, others not so much.
Web Reference:  http://8889ListIt.com
Annette Roper, Agent, HELENDALE, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Hi Carleen,

There are many people both enlisted and civilian who live here in Silver Lakes/Helendale and commute to Ft. Irwin. It is approximately an hour's drive and most of them think it is worth it. There are buses, van pools and car pools, so the commute can be done in several ways. Our community is pretty quiet, with many amenities that come with living here. It is a good idea to choose a local Realtor who lives here and knows about this community and all that it as to offer. Whether you rent or buy, Silver Lakes is a great place to live! Just ask some of your co-workers!

Annette Roper
Professional Realty
760-220-9433
Duretta Lora…, , Helendale, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Yes, it sure is. Many have choosen to live in Helendale, specifically Silver Lakes, and work out at Ft. Irwin. There are car pools, a van pool, etc that might be available to you and help with gas expense. If I can help, please don't hesitate to call on me. I live in Silver Lakes and love it here!
Duretta
760-900-7888
Bo Goulet, b…, Agent, Spring Valley Lake, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
I have helped many clients find a home in Silverlakes who work in Fort Irwin. I also know of homeowners in Northern Victorville, Apple Valley, and Spring Valley Lake who work in and near Fort Irwin. Housing is very affordable in Helendale and Silver Lakes. Don't hesitate to call if you need more information.

Bo Goulet, cdpe
Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE #01854568
Shear Realty-Spring Valley Lake
12170 Spring Valley Pkwy.
Victorville, CA 92395
Mobile: (760) 713-6137