Is anyone familiar with the Chula Vista market?

Asked by Sd New Casa Buyer, San Diego, CA Wed Sep 7, 2011

I’m interested to know the advantages or disadvantages (e.g. home value appreciation prospects, typical home sizes, common problems, schools, etc.) certain Chula Vista neighborhoods may have such as Rancho del Rey, Otay Ranch or Bonita before I buy a home in the next few months.

Answers

10
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Hi there,

As you know, there are a lot of newer homes to the east and west of the 125. They were all built within the same few years, so there was a lot of activity a couple of years later when everyone's loans reset. You'll still see a ton of short sales, so the well-priced foreclosures often get multiple offers.

If you go more west, you can find even better priced homes, but without the HOA fees & Mello Roos assessments. You'll get competition here too, but good strategy in shopping and writing offers will greatly work in your favor.

I can help you get a good idea of the market by having listings sent to you. You'll be able to see what the list prices are, how long a property stays on the market at that price, and how much more or less it finally sells for.

Warm Regards,
Cory
Gloria Talam…, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hello Sd New Casa,
The areas you've selected definitely have many advantages and some disadvantages as well. Rancho del Rey, Otay Ranch, or Bonita are great communities- Great people, great schools, newer construction available, tons of square footage in most homes, plenty of green areas and walking trails. In today's market you can find amazing discounts in foreclosure sales in the Chula Vista and Bonita area. These properties make for a great investment. You can find fixers and also traditional or investor sales priced very aggressively. One drawback in these communities may be the HOA or Mello-Roos. These fees are found in newer built communities; however I can guide you to select those homes that have the right combination of great features and competitive pricing.

Call me to go over your search in detail. Direct Line: (619) 929-0380.

Gloria Talamantes
Legacy Realty - DRE#:01505068
Direct: (619) 929-0380
E-Fax: (866) 894-5303
Email: Talamantes.gloria@gmail.com
San Diego County
1750 East Palomar Street, #4
Chula Vista, Ca 91913
Maria Esparza, , Chula Vista, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Good afternoon,
You are talking about the best place to live. I've lived here 26 years and love it! Weather is great, people are friendly, lots of shopping and entertainment. You never have to leave the city, we have everything. Chula Vista is the 2nd largest city in the county, so the prices, sizes and areas do differ quite a bit. Chula Vista also has great schools with the most elementary schools in the county. Rancho del Rey, Otay Ranch and Bonita would be the best preference. There are new loan programs that can also help you out. I can recommend a great Loan Broker or you can shop around. Send me your e-mail, so I send you a questionaire with your home search criteria. E-mail it back or call me. I'll set you up on your personal website to see homes that match your preferences direct from the Local Board of Realtors. You can start looking at homes today!
I'll be happy to answer all your questions. I've also given 1st time buyer classes thru Community Housing Works. Thank You, hope to hear from you soon.
Danielle Fer…, , Chula Vista, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
My name is Danielle Ferris and im very familiar with the Chula Vista Market. I live and work here. There are various newer communities with out Mello-roos. For the most part if you are looking in the newer area of East Chula Vista there are more fees. I do have contact with Investors and Banks where you could find a good deal or a renovated home. I would reccomend Rancho del Rey as they have lower fees and Discovery Elem. is one of the best schools in Chula vista.

Please feel free to call me if you would like more information or would be interested in going over this in more detail. I look forward to helping you.

Danielle Ferris
(619)721-8298
Allison Gayn…, Other Pro, Chula Vista, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Eastlake will likely have the best appreciation trajectory. I have owned real estate on the East side of Chula Vista since 2000...in Otay Ranch and Eastlake.

Rancho del Rey is a wonderful, well-established East Chula Vista neighborhood. With no or low Mello Roos and no HOA fees, your costs will be lower. But, with no HOA, there is no recourse when your neighbor paints a mural on their garage or doesn't take care of their yard.

Otay Ranch is huge and includes many different neighborhoods, including Windingwalk, which is right next door to Eastlake. If you are looking for a large home, there are some great bargains in the Windingwalk community. Take Olympic Parkway East, make a right on Hunte Parkway and drive around that area. It is beautiful and the HOA dues are pretty reasonable for single family homes (you'll pay 2 HOAs for condo communities and that can get expensive).

Good luck in your search. Chula Vista is such a great area to own real estate...and this is definitely the time to buy.
Andrea Porto…, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Hello Sd New Casa,
My name is Andrea Portolesi and I have been living in Chula Vista for the past 15 years. My brokerage is located in the Historic Chula Vista Down Town area.
I specialize in the Chula Vista Market. Regarding your questions and concerns I have attached a link to my website that give you the Average price per bedroom and the market trend In Chula vista.

I would love to discuss in detail with you the other question you had. Kindly call me @ 619 454 7804 or provide me your phone # by emailing me at aportolesi@hlrusa.com and we can talk over coffee. Thank you and Best Regards

Link to my Website for chula Vista Facts:
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Sep 13, 2011
SD New Casa Buyer: Are you still with us? Or have you moved on? Lot's of RE professionals have taken the tie to answer your question. It would be nice to get some feedback from you.
Imelda Romero, , Chula Vista, CA
Sat Sep 10, 2011
Please check out my company web http://www.realtyexecutivesdillon.com and http://www.imeldaromero.ismyreagent.com. Y ou will find amazing to get some
answers.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Check out our website. Then contact joseph@arendsengroup.com
Daniel Di Ma…, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
absolutely!
Let me know what you need!

Daniel Di Matteo
Century 21 Award
619-512-0006
Daniel@dimatteogroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.dimatteogroup.com