Is a Hidden Movement Afoot?

Asked by William, 18951 Fri Dec 28, 2007

Realtors are soon getting their own section on Trulia... but more and more I have also been sensing the banding together of "NonRealtor" posters on these forums.

Sean's avatar reads "Give Advice, Not Hidden Agenda" and a number of others have made it their job on these forums to challenge realtors when they offer answers with ... shall we say ... questionable motives. And Kudos to realtors to give the straight dope.

Are we seeing the rise of a hidden society here on Trulia, a vigilante organization determined to keep realtors honest and information fair and balanced? Who are these masked men (and women?) And where will they strike next?

(wow, it's late on Friday, isn't it? Time for a beer...)

Answers

4
Linette Carr…, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Fri Dec 28, 2007
I think it is wonderful when someone gets called for trying to sell real estate on this site. We would all love to receive business because of our knowledge and desire to do a good job for the public, but this is not the place for it. My understanding is that this is the place for buyers and sellers and other realtors to ask real questions and get honest opinions or answers. I really hope the format is left alone and the site isn't separated. I enjoy the different perspectives.
William, Home Seller, 18951
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Operatives have discretely communicated with me through the secure TUTD channel, and it seems my suspicions are confirmed. The Trulia counterculture exist and this watchdog organization will make itself known, striking with precision and vicious honesty when least expected.

We even seem to have connections inside the organization like Linette who are openly supporting our efforts ... and others will help us secretly.

We have eyes everywhere so our symbol will be ... the all-seeing potato.

Not all realtors need fear the potato... only those with dishonest intentions, errant facts, and NAR rhetoric.

Viva the potato and our cause!
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
William.....I have read your question and your post and I am a bit confused. What are you talking about in your post?
William, Home Seller, 18951
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Thanks Elvis - but don't think it buys ya anything if you get out of line ;)

(btw - the potato avatar immediately earned me a TD ... I'm strangely proud of that )