Is James Blvd on Signal Mtn. a busy highway?

Asked by Esty, 33569 Wed Jan 2, 2008

I am out of state and am interested in this home on Majestic Oaks but am worried that James Blvd is a busy road and I have small children. Can you please advise? Thanks.

Answers

3
The Lawrence…, Agent, Signal Mountain, TN
Tue Jun 26, 2012
It is somewhat busy however there are many homes on this street and the speed limit is 30 mph. If you have small children you would want to sit back off the road. The elementary school is on James so there are areas of the street that require 15 mph. Many children do walk home from school on James and it has always been very safe.
Liz Wilkerson, , Signal Mountain, TN
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Hello Esty,

James Blvd. is a through street from one end of the town of Signal Mtn to the other. But the speed limit is 30 mph, so yes it has cars moving on it all day,.......but slowly. Also, the only house I'd be concerned about with very small children is a house on the corner of James and :Majestic Oaks. Otherwise, Majestic Oaks has its own neighborhood which is great for children.

Let me know if I can help with other questions about Signal Mountain!

Liz Wilkerson
Patrice & Je…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Fri Jan 4, 2008
James Boulevard is a very nice, almost rural road that parallels Ridgeway Ave/Taft Highway. James runs from Old Town Signal Mountain about 4-5 miles connecting to Taft Highway almost at the "W" Road. The "W" Road is the second route off of Signal Mountain and very handy for folks that live in the town of Walden or that end of Signal Mountain. note: The Town of Signal Mountain just completed the sidewalk on one side of James from Old Town to Thrasher Elementary. Be well!