Is Gardner a safe place to live? Around Greenwood st Gardner MA

Asked by Armando, Gardner, MA Mon May 7, 2012

I am planing on buying a home around Greenwood st, Gardner MA. I would like to make sure the area is not filled with crime. Such as break-ins and the area itself. Want a decent area to live. Thank You.

Answers

12
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Mary is giving you a good answer as well as folks that live there. Unfortunately agents really cannot give an honest opinion because it is a very subjective topic. Talking to folks who live there and doing your research is the best bet.
Jennifer, Renter, 01473
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Can any one please let us know is Parker St in Gardner is a safe place to live ?
Thanks, Mary
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Parts of Parker are good and parts are not so good. For the most part, it is fairly decent. I know of a duplex/townhouse that is for rent on that street and felt safe when I showed it Friday evening.
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Mary Saunders…, Agent, Gardner, MA
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Your best bet to find out this data would be to contact the Gardner Police Department or Town Hall. Gardner has similar issues regarding crime as the local surroundings. Here is a link for you to go to: http://www.city-data.com/city/Gardner-Massachusetts.html
Jillian Lyons, Renter, Gardner, MA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
I personally would not suggest Greenwood St. If you look at city-data.com, it has information about crime rate, quality of schooling, average cost of housing and some other criteria. I've been using this website frequently due to wanting to move to South Carolina. I wanted to pick specific location based on those criteria. There's also a forum where you can talk with locals and get their opinions.
Cody Couture, Renter, Massachusetts
Mon Jan 21, 2013
NO i live in gardner that street is full of drug dealers
userjeanne74…, Home Buyer, Rochdale, MA
Tue May 29, 2012
My Aunt and 8 cousins lived on 28 Greenwood st for close to 30 years in the 60's 70's and 80's.
It was a great place to be close enough to downtown to walk but far enough away where it was quiet. My Mother now lives in Gardner and
My brother has been a teacher at Gardner High for many years and it's a very good school the athletic program is great. I don't know about the crime but I think it's lower then any bigger cities.
I have lots of fond memories of Greenwood St Gardner Ma.
chbars327, Renter, Keene, NH
Thu May 17, 2012
My sister lived in Gardner a number of years ago. Seemed like a nice city. The downtown area is not the most attractive, but from a safety point of view I have never heard complaints. I currently live in Rindge, NH (about 20 minutes away). I have been in the general area all my life. Winchendon and neighboring Gardner have the reputation of lower income areas, but I am unaware of any reputation for high crime. If you live a little away from the downtown area, you will likely be very happy. There are some quite rural areas of Gardner.
Yuan Li, Agent, Carlisle, MA
Mon May 7, 2012
Armando,

If I may ask, why are you only looking in Gardner? Where is your work place (commute situation)? Do you have children (is school important)? Gardner is not my working area, but I do have friends living there. I know that this town is known as "The Furniture Capital of New England". And my friend lives on church street in Gardner, very close to Greenwood Street, I believe. Never heard any complaints about safety.

Good luck...
Yuan's Team Realty
Nancy Whiteh…, Agent, Leominster, MA
Mon May 7, 2012
Gardner is a very nice place to live, most area's are safe, as in any town there are always
some area's that are better than others.
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Mon May 7, 2012
Tina is correct. Determining safety is outside of our scope of what we are allowed to do as real estate agents. Also safety can be rather subjective depending on what you are coming from and what you are used to. The best thing to do is do some research as well as contact the local police department.
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon May 7, 2012
While real estate brokers are not allowed to discuss the safety of neighborhoods, you can check out the current crime statistics on http://www.crimereports.com
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com