General Area in Dumont>Question Details

Krismarie18, Home Buyer in Bergen County, NJ

Is Dumont a good place to raise children? I have a 14 years daughter that will be attending high school in the fall, my son is 10 so will be going

Asked by Krismarie18, Bergen County, NJ Wed Feb 10, 2010

to middle school & we have a preschooler that will be 3 in the fall. Any answers would be helpful.

I am a Realtor in Dumont. I am also a product of our schools, and I even played sports in town. I am in the process of raising my own kids here. To be honest, the schools are all top notch and it is a wonderful place to raise a family. My kids are 12, 8, and 5 and we Love it here. Would not raise them anywhere else! I hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 5, 2012
Dumont schools are said to be a good place to send your children for a good education.
Go to and look up Dumont and any other town you may have an interest in. The statistics there are published by the State of New Jersey.
My office is on the corner of Grant Avenue and Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ

I sell and rent homes to families all of the time. Specifically because they like the school system in Dumont. Of course you need to determine if you feel it is good for your children. Many times you can make an appointment to visit the school and speak with the principal or other staff members, as well.

Dumont is an easy commute if you work in NYC, too.
Give me a TEXT or call 201-774-6432 send me an email
I will be happy to help you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
We moved to this town 19 years ago and are raising a 13 year old. We like this town very much. It fits our lifestyle. The people are friendly and crime rate is low. We decided to send our girl to a catholic school nearby. Some of her school friends live in town and she also has non-school friends who live in town. The highschool has so much to offer. The families who have sent their children there have many good things to say about the highschool.
Dumont is a very nice solid middle-class community. I agree with the previous answer; don't judge a town based on online data, use that as a launch to visit at different times of day, take time off work to make an appointment to tour the high shcool and middle school, etc. If you are not working with a realtor right now, I would be happy to help you find the right home for your family. Take a look at my webpage, and give me a call! Good luck!

Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE/Oradell
Keep in mind opinions are subjective--do some of your own homework first--visit the neighborhood more than once and at different times of day--look at everything that is of importance to you--as for the school--why not visit and speak to the principal, teachers, etc., and then make a determination--will your comfort level be reached.