What a great question. I agree with Carl that commission is just one of the factors but let me answer your question first.
1. Unlike most offices, everyone at KW is on the same split. Each office has what is called a cap, meaning that after you pay that amount to the company for the year, you are at 100% commission for remainder of the year. If your intention is to be a top producer, KW is the only place to be
2. Fees matter. If I understand Intero's plan, they have a pretty hefty E/O and desk free charge
3. Profit sharing - At KW, approx 50% of the profit from each office is given back to their agents. Last year that totaled over $50 Million. Yes, I said million.
4. Last fall is was announced that KW passed Coldwell Banker as the largest real estate company. While most companies were shrinking due to the compression of the market, KW was growing. There must be an explanation. Could it be that they have a better model for their agents
5. Technology - for around $20 per month, agents are given a wonderful website and access to a Client Management system called eEdge. it would take 20 minutes to explain what it does but imagine you have 200 clients in your data base. By clicking one button, the system AUTOMATICALLY reaches out and touches your clients 33 times in the next 12 months. Amazing
Sttomtom1, would love to tell you why I have chosen KW as my broker. If you are interested, call me at 408-690-2998 and let me tell you. There is a lot more to the story
Guy Berry, Broker/Risk Manager