In NYS is the S1441A passed by the Senate a law? It states the landlord has 30 to return deposit or provide a deduction list.

Asked by Laura, Buffalo, NY Fri Sep 10, 2010

I found this bill when suing my landlord for my security deposit. She did not provide me with a deduction letter for over 90 days. After the case was almost finished, the judge stating he was not aware of this bill and needed to do some research regarding it. He will issue his ruling in 30 days. I just want to know whether or not this will hold up in court. Since my whole case is basically riding on the piece of paper I handed him from open.nysenate.gov Thank you.

Answers

2
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Sep 10, 2010
When it comes to any legal questions one may have, it's always best to consult with an attorney--most professionals do offer a free consultation.
Kathi Holder…, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Fri Sep 10, 2010
I recommend you ask an attorney since they will be the experts in that area. There are many advocate groups in Buffalo that can give you assistance.

Kathi Holder
The Holder Reimann Team
Realtyusa.com