If you are a single women living alone and enjoy the "village" scene of any small town with access to the beach, where would you live in

Asked by Scorpio921, Jacksonville, FL Mon Jul 23, 2012

the JAX metro Include the upscale beach areas of Ponte Vedra & Augustine, too! Thank you

Answers

10
Scorpio921’s answer
Scorpio921, Home Buyer, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jul 26, 2012
I'm looking for the specific names of areas that would be safe, fun and stylish that I should be looking at for my future home. How do you know which zip codes are the best places to live or what sections of Metro JAX fit my requirements?
Thank you
J.D. "Dan" &…, Agent, Orange Park, FL
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Hi Ms Scorpio,

St Augustine has an excellent core community with several quaint shops although there is a high tourist trade, we enjoy the area an often strike up interesting conversations with the tourists.

Atlantic Beach, is also "small town" but not as many shops.

A really "undiscovered place is Fernandina Beach right in the Northeast Corner (literally) of the state with much of what you seek.

Come on down and look at what Northeast Florida has too offer

J.D. "Dan" Weisenburger, GRI
Broker-Associate
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
(904) 553-0079
danw@vanguardcb.com
Phyllis Stai…, Agent, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Sounds like San Marco or Avondale/Riverside may work as well. About 30 mins to tbe beach. though. Contact us directly if you would ike to chat further.
Tue Jul 24, 2012
By "Village" scene I'd like to be around cafes, bookstores, specialty shops, etc. Imagine life in a village in Europe where you can walk to all the stores, sit in a cafe, cruise a book store and generally get to know you neighbors. I prefer to be able to walk around my town, do my shopping and get to know the locals. I'm really not a 'burb kinda girl who stay locked up in my home. I've lived in condos/apts in city environments most of my life and overseas. I'm in my 50s and want a sophisticated area with art, music, etc. that I can walk to and enjoy.
Thanks for clarifying, looks like you have some great options! Let me know if I can help with anything else. Good luck!
Flag Tue Jul 24, 2012
Julie Rosent…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Mon Oct 15, 2012
You have a wide variety of choices on Florida's east coast. I've been helping people buy, sell and rent Florida coastal village homes for 30 years. Julie Rosenthal, Broker / Property Brokers International Phone (561)827-6789 Email: julier6789@gmail.com
Matt Carroll, Agent, Neptune Beach, FL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Atlantic Beach get my vote!
Patti ODwyer, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
I lived in a small village area (Adams Morgan) in Washington, DC for 20 years, so understand exactly what you mean. I had a 20 minute walk to work, then walked home thru Dupont Circle passing delis, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.

In Jacksonville, closest you get to that is Riverside/Avondale or San Marco. Near the beach it's Atlantic Beach area, but not as much shopping yet.

I live in San Jose near Bolles School and Lakewood shopping, but not a walking community. Again, best bet is Riverside Avondale for a good walking community that compares to the big city "villages. I loved Adams Morgan, and it very much had a village feeling to it. Let me know if I can help you.
Rosina Eisen…, , Jacksonville, FL
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Good morning, all good answers, check out http://www.city-data.com Great place to collect information on any city in the US. Call me when you are ready to start looking!
Tue Jul 24, 2012
If you want easy access to the beach, I would recommend Atlantic Beach, FL. It has a small town center with shops and restaurants, good supply of properties in all price ranges and easy communte into Jacksonville. You can learn more here: http://coab.us/index.aspx?NID=358

Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Hi there!

Can you please clarify what "village scene" means? Would love to help, just need a bit more information please.

Ali, Community Manager