If anyone can answer these questions about Old Saybrook I would be very greatful.

Asked by Lou Rolon, Old Saybrook, CT Wed May 28, 2008

What I need is:
1. Describe population by racial and Ethnic category
2. Describe 3 distinctive attributes of our community
3. Identify major trends you envision in our community during the next five years
4. list three or four problem areas confronting our community that you might think our church and members can help confront

Answers

5
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Lou,

I sent you a 35 page report in PDF format. I hope this is helpful for your project.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
Mary MacKenz…, , Fairfield County, CT
Wed May 28, 2008
Lou,
There is a public research webite that has all kinds of info that may help you. It's the Connecticut Economic Resource Center and here is a link to the website: http://www.cerc.com/middlesex.html
If the link does not work, just copy and paste it into your browser. Good luck with your project.
NonRealtor, , 23456
Wed May 28, 2008
1) what up wit dat
2) old, old, old saybrook
3) lots of new roofs, maybe a new road, maybe a new mayor, maybe less people
4) higher taxes, higher gas prices, higher food prices, annoying people
Lou Rolon, Home Buyer, Old Saybrook, CT
Wed May 28, 2008
thank you for your quick reply. Do you know another website that I might be able to hook up within order to get my questions answered? It's a project that I have to do for my church.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed May 28, 2008
Realtors do not describe communities by racial or ethnic categories. There are several protected classes under Fair Housing laws, and this definitely falls under Fair Housing. Any person, regardless of race or ethnic background is entitled to purchase a property if he/she is financially qualified.

Depending upon what your purpose or definition of community attribute, that might also violate Fair Housing laws. Attributes such as tree lined streets, winding roads, close to beaches, close to public transportation are acceptable. If you are looking for data which defines the local residents, it is not information that a Realtor can legally provide, nor should they.

In addition to the fact that violations of Fair Housing laws carry severe consequences for real estate agents, the truth is that the vast majority of real estate agents personally and morally believe and support equal housing opportunities. I noted that you were asking how your church members may be able to confront any problem areas. While your question is, most likely, well intentioned, please be aware that sites that provide demographic info may be able to better provide this information.

Deborah