I would like to know the nicest area to rent with children for excellent schools, family oriented area, not far from shopping, hospitals etc

Asked by Hope Sullivan, Jamestown, RI Thu Oct 17, 2013

Looking to relocate from Gaithersburg, MD to the Minneapolis, MN area or there about

Answers

9
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hi, Hope!
Are you moving here for a job that you'd like to be close to? Is there family here that you'd like to be in proximity of? What about distance from both downtowns??

These are all things that will help us help you!!

Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
Nene Matey-K…, Agent, Saint Louis Park, MN
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Hope,

You might be interested in the Western Suburbs. You can read a little bit about Hopkins here: http://rnrrealty.com/blog/?p=95

If you have any questions let me know!
tnwalt, Renter, 55311
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Hope,

If you are still searching I am currently in a rental home that we need to prematurely vacate due to personal family health issues that require us to move to our home state. We relocated to MN in August 2012 and I renewed my lease in May,2013 for another year, but then we received the personal news in September. The property is in Maple Grove, MN. Super convenient location, close to Interstate, shopping, etc. We don't have kids but I understand the school zone is very good. The house is on a cul de sac with 5Br, 3.5BA, 3400sq feet. With the owner's permission we could consider a sublet if you don't want to be tied down for a full year (lease ends in August 2014)...or your could lease for a year. Ideally we would be able to vacate anytime in the next couple of months, before the new year. This property is being managed by a property manager and I can put you contact with them directly if you prefer. I can be reached at 615-852-1760, cell so feel free to text or message. Thank you, Tina
Kerry McCabe, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Sun Oct 20, 2013
I specialize in leasing and will soon be listing an amazing single family home that has 3 bedrooms up and a 4th in the lower level. Beautifully remolded two story in one of the most esteemed areas for families, Edina. Nationally recognized schools and exceptional sports programs. It is wit- in walking distance to great shops, Starbucks, and other restaurants as well as schools and parks. The good homes go quickly and this one won't hit the market until next week...text or call 612-700-3215.
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Sun Oct 20, 2013
My family relocated actually to your city in MD 15 years ago so I know probably the stress you are going through right now! Minnesota is quite different than your area, but at least for this question I think in a good way.

The others below are correct. MN has a strong public school system, and we also have quite a bit of hospitals. Unlike MD commuting into St. Paul or Minneapolis is not that bad, so the options are endless.

Your budget most likely will have the biggest impact on your options, but if you are looking for a good website for single family rentals check out renters wherehouse.

Chris
651-307-7663
chris.block@imetroproperty.com
Kerry McCabe, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Fri Oct 18, 2013
South Minneapolis and Edina come to mind, but as you have read there are many great areas in the Twin Cities. I specialize in leasing in the Twin Cities and happy to be a resource for you. Call/text 612-770-3215. A lot of the exceptional rental properties are not listed and or go quickly. The renal market is competitive here in the cities and would be more than likely helpful for you to work with a qualified professional. Best on your search. -Kerry
Joel Friday, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Fri Oct 18, 2013
The Twin City area has a lot of places that meet those criteria. Click on the market insider link to see the ratings of schools, shopping, restaurants, etc... http://JustListedMinneapolis.com The link is on the red bar at the top. Punch in a zip code to find the area that best meets your needs. Let me know if you need an agent to help with your transition here to Minnesota.
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Thu Oct 17, 2013
There are many fine areas and most of them have excellent schools and we have wonderful shopping and health facilities close by in all areas. Tell me more about you and your family and where you will be working, your housing budget and whether you want a single family home or a town home, etc. I can then send you some specific ideas to consider. Thanks for the question! Liz, 612-986-4105

PS if you like, call me and we can look at some possibilities together.
Shantelle Od…, , Minneapolis, MN
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hello Ms. Sullivan,

"The nicest area" is super subjective! The Minneapolis/St Paul Area is brimming with great spots for everyone! I'm up on area school districts (which are also subjective by way of "excellence"). Do you mean test scores? Unique academics? GAT programs? Athletics?

In a quick check on Sperlings Best, Gaithersburg comes in at 128.9 in an overall cost of living index which is comparable to several zip codes all over the MSP area, too: so basically the world is your oyster when looking to relocate from your area to ours.

Check out the INRIX search feature on my RE/MAX Results site to search by commute times to different addresses and find available homes.

Contact me if you have questions about a specific address or area.

Shantelle Odegard
RE/MAX Results
Plymouth, MN
612 490 5894
Web Reference:  http://www.shansells.com