I work a standard 9:30 to 5:30 job and would love to get into real estate in my off hours. Is this possible?

Asked by C.anderle, New York, NY Mon Jul 28, 2008

I have an MBA in Marketing and although I have never done real estate I certainly understand the importance of sales and marketing and forming relationships. Do you think a brokerage in the New York City or Hoboken area would be willing to let me work part time around my current schedule. I would love to make the extra income and I would like to start buying investment properties. Any advice how I could go about this? … How long it takes to get licensed and a ballpark figure of initial investment? I would really appreciate any advice! Thank you.

Answers

1
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Many people do part time real estate. Licensing requires some initial training and passing a test. Your best bet would be to speak with a couple brokers about your interest. I found Keller WIlliams Realty to be very supportive for new agents. If you want, you could let me know exactly where you are, and I can have someone call you. I can be reached at su@suwesely.com.