I was asked to pay an additional deposit due to bad credit i refused and they want to keep my money l

Asked by Out Of Money, 14224 Fri May 25, 2012

The complex had a special for $199 move in to include app fee despot and 1st months rent. Then due to my poor credit they wanted an additional $200. I want to refuse and have found another place. The complex refuses to refund my deposit

Answers

3
Khalilah Ree…, Home Owner, Buffalo, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
REDUCED $39,999......This Incredible 3bedroom 1 bath Single family house that the value found in this totally restored home located in this re-energized and resurgent Fruit Belt ( The New UB 2020) neighborhood! So much work has gone into this house including: New Roof, siding,furnace with a humidifier,hot water heater,plumbing, kitchen cabinets. This house is a looker it has freshly painted living room,dinning room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom. it is move in ready with $1000 or less of repairs.there is a additional room on the first floor. The laundry is on first floor off the living room. oversize bathroom.Fenced in yard this property is 75 x 100...This house is a investment property that is section 8 ready for move in or it is a cozy first starter home. This property has a fenced in alot that is included into the price, so there is 2 properties for the price of one......
Call (716) 247-3489 Serious reply's ONLY!!!!
Vanasco, Home Buyer, Buffalo, NY
Tue Jun 12, 2012
It depends on whether you signed any papers with them. If you did, whatever those papers say controls the answer. If not, then no, they most likely cannot keep your money. You can sue in small claims without needing an attorney.
Also, if part of that $199 covered an application fee, that portion is most likely not refundable.
Flag Tue Jun 12, 2012
Joe Sorrenti…, , Buffalo, NY
Fri May 25, 2012
This is a rental I assume. Go talk to someone at Legal Aid.