I wanted to know does anyone think they should extend the tax credit for at least 3 more months?

Asked by Gladys Webb, Alabama Wed Apr 28, 2010

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon May 3, 2010
Nope.....time to see what the market can do on its own.

The initiative was intended to "jump start" the economy and it would be fair to assume it accomplished that.....but there are other issues that need to be addressed including the volumes of "short sales" that are increasing at astounding rates.
Dp2, , Virginia
Mon May 3, 2010
I'll cut and paste Bill's first line of his reply (because I feel EXACTLY the same way): "[No it's] time to see what the market can do on its own."
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Apr 28, 2010
There is no discussion going on in regard to extending the Federal tax credit. If buyers have not taken advantage of this opportunity to get money for nothing by April 30th they will be out of luck.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Wed Apr 28, 2010
The only way they should extend the credit is if they increase it to $150k free with no restrictions and I can be first in line.

No, it never should have been offered the first time. It was a bad idea and only interfered with the market correction. Expect that correction to continue over the coming year regardless especially when interest rates rise.