Christine, Renter in Madison, NJ

I want to rent a 3BR for 2000-3000 (with great schools) this summer. Heard good things about Madison, Summit, Basking Ridge, Montclair, and Chatham.

Asked by Christine, Madison, NJ Thu Apr 26, 2012

The rental is a test drive of a community since we will be in a position to buy in a couple of years. I am looking for competitive schools, low taxes and reasonable distance to both trains to NYC and work near Livingston. I like the feel of Maplewood, particularly the Maplewood Village area.

Answers

8
Anne Shearman, Agent, Madison, NJ
Sat Feb 23, 2013
I can give Excellent ratings to you for Chatham , Madison & Summit .
All great towns with competitive schools in the top 10 NJ Top Schools.
Train towns and good access to major Roads.
Take a tour of each town . Visit on a Saturday and one weekday afternoon to evening and this will give you a good feel for the energy within the town center .

Good Luck , Anne Shearman
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sat Jun 30, 2012
All great towns, you are in a very popular price point and rentals are moving very quickly in the communities you mention. My advice is to connect with an agent and begin your search in earnest. Since the rental is to "test drive" the community for your more permanent decision to come, put the community decision at the forefront. Then when you find something that is suitable, go for it. Don't let the quest for "perfect" get in the way of "good enough". There is a truism in real estate that you will be well served to grasp early on .... and that is that "perfect" does not exist.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service

PS - to Al - I have several rental clients looking up to $3300, no higher, if you have something coming up in that range....give me a jingle.
Albert Baron…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Jun 30, 2012
I have a rental coming on next week in Madison. 4 bedroom all updated. Granite and stainless.
It may be over your limit. I think I am going to list it at $3,700/mo.
Ihatetaxes, Home Owner, Maplewood, NJ
Fri Jun 29, 2012
maplewood, Montclair, chatham and summit all have high taxes
We live in maplewood and are looking for a better deal.
Albert Baron…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Morristown has some great apartments for rent with low deposit requirements and no Broker fee.
Helene Jeane…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Those are all excellent communities with excellent school systems. You can find some additional information about the communities and schools at http://www.Randolph-Chester-Homes.com
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Christine, the Livingston area is an easy commute to NYC via bus and the Maplewood area has the Mid-town direct train to New York. Taxes in these areas are about the same. Below is a link you can check to see if these towns meet your needs education needs.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nj/schools/
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012
All of these are good areas with good schools. I am partial to Chatham and Madison, but then again I live in Morris County so... It's really a matter of lifestyle. All of these towns have vibrant 'down town' areas, trains and so on, though I am not sure I would say they had low taxes. Thinking of Maplewood Village, I wonder if Basking Ridge might be a good fit, I think the downtown areas would have a very similar feel.