I used an on-line Special Warranty Deed to add my daughter & son-in-law to my homes deed. Now they are

Asked by Fran Murray, 75068 Thu May 1, 2008

divorcing and I need to get his name removed. I can't find a release of Special Warranty Deed. Is there such a form and if not, how do you go about removing a person from the deed?

Answers

5
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Thu May 1, 2008
Ignore all but the first answer. You need to consult with an attorney.
BJ Mors, , Tri Cities, WA
Thu May 1, 2008
You need the advice of an attorney. In most states, the person needs to remove themselves through a quit claim and that would be part of the divorice agreement.
Phyllis Wolp…, Agent, Corinth, TX
Thu May 8, 2008
Start by consulting an attorney, or at least contact a major title company for assistance. Avoid totally relying on a divorce attorney, as I have assisted clients who have had to go back into court long after the divorce to be able to sell the house they received in the divorce. Your zip code places you in North Texas, so don't take the advice of anyone outside of Texas, as the laws vary greatly from state to state. If you are planning to sell the home in the near future, take care of this issue before proceeding. Good luck!
BJ Mors, , Tri Cities, WA
Thu May 1, 2008
A title company may charge as much as an attorney--at least in my state of Washington. The point is you need the cooperation of the person you are removing. If he is fully cooperative, a quit claim deed would suffice where he quit claims his interest to you and the others on the deed--it would be best to record this document. If he is not cooperative, you may have a really big problem that needs to be settled by the divorice decree.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu May 1, 2008
You can contact a title company request.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com