I signed a buyer representation with an agent but I don't think they are helpful and doesn't respond to my questions Can I get out of that

Asked by Knc19128, Norristown, PA Tue Apr 24, 2012


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Absolutely. I would suggest contacting the office where your agent works and ask to speak to the Broker in Charge. I would tell them you're unhappy and why and inform them you want to terminate your buyer broker agreement immediately and that you want them (the Broker in Charge to send you an email indicating that your agreeement is terminated or alternately I would take the first page of your agreement, write "Terminated" and the date on it, and take it in to their office and have iether your agent or the Broker in Charge sign it.

There's no reason in the world to work with someone you're not happy with. I've attached a link below to one of my more popular blog posting here on Trulia on how to find a great broker.

I wish you good luck and happy house hunting.
0 votes
Bev Kalb, Agent, Bally, PA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
You can certainly ask to be released from a the buyer agency contract. I can't imagine why an agent would hold you in a contract if you were unhappy with their services. However, it does happen. Explain to the agent you are unhappy and why. He/she may have an explanation but with smartphone email and text messaging I can't understand how questions can go unanswered. If your agent refuses to release you contact the broker or office manager directly. Make sure you get a release in writing.
Bev Kalb
Century 21 Longacre Realty
610-845-6000 x 208
610-442-6897 cell
0 votes
Christine W.…, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
I think you should be able to. I would honor that if you were my client and unhappy. If you don't want to confront the agent, write a letter to their broker or manager and ask to terminate the agreement.
Christine W. Perry
Re/max Services
0 votes
Natasha James, , Philadelphia, PA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
You can call or email him and let him know you're not satified and no longer want to work with him. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact me Natasha.james@c21ag.com or 267.499.0011.

Natasha James
Century 21 Advantage Gold
0 votes
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Yes. You are not locked into a certain time period as with a listing agreement. You just have to notify them in writing that you are terminating the relationship. Email can suffice in this day and age. Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything further.

R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287 d
Web Reference:  http://kufiss.com
0 votes
Emily Landis…, Agent, Lansdale, PA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
If your agent has failed to perform as the contract states, contact them and ask to be released but give them an opportunity to correct their ways. If they do not, contact their broker and explain the situation. See if they can place you with an agent that is a better fit.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Emily Landis Torres
Remax central
0 votes
Thomas Porre…, Agent, Norristown, PA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
More than likely call me to discuss tom porrecca 4846861299
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
General Area in Norristown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more