I often hear comments about shortcuts taken by the builder of Evergrene and ensuing problems, such as mold and leaks. What do you know about this?

Asked by Bob Yuran, 08904 Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

4
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Mon Jan 23, 2012
Bob,

Evergrene is a fantastic community in a premier location and still offers some of the best value for single family homes and town homes in the North County area. There were significant water infiltration issues in some of the homes constructed during the early stages of the community and a thorough inspection should be completed on any property and any contract contingent on the results of those inspections. That being said the problem was fairly limited in scope and nothing that should make you shy away from the community.

The prices are low in the community mainly due to a high percentage of investor involvement and the fact that the monthly association fees are considerably higher than neighboring developments like Abacoa. This is especially true with the town homes but in any case there is a lot of value if you are going to take advantage of the premier amenity package. I feel these fees will self adjust over the years and the savings one can get with a good deal on price far outweigh the additional costs.

Another factor in the community is the railroad track that runs parallel with the eastern border of the community. Believe me this should not be overlooked by any buyer considering a purchase of a home whose lot backs directly to the railroad easement. Prices will be considerably lower for these homes that those on a lake front location in the center of the community.

All in all Evergrene should be on anyone's list who is looking for a 24 guard gated community in a premier location with the best amenities you will find anywhere. Try out the Tiki Hut next to the resort pool on any Friday and you will see this is like a private club lifestyle at a fraction of the cost. Just be prepared to act very quickly on any new opportunity as they will go lightening fast.

I know the community very well and if I can be of any assistance to your and your family feel free to contact me at your convenience. Best of luck to you in your search for the perfect home and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Diane Brenner, Agent, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Mon Jan 23, 2012
During the initial building phase of the community, there was a project supervisor who was less than diligent about standards. WCI (the builder) remedied the problems as they arose. Hope this is helpful!

Diane Brenner
Lang Realty
561-818-5626
Al Hayward, Agent, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Tue Jan 24, 2012
I understand that some of the homes in Evergrene had some problems. They were corrected as far as I know. But it is very important that any buyer have a home inspection done by a licensed home inspection company. An "as is with right to inspect" contract will give you "X" amount of days to have this inspection. You will then have the right to cancel the contract, for any reason, prior to the end of the inspection period. I recommend 7 to 10 days for the inspection period.
Let me know if I can help you.
Bob Brubaker, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Bob- While it maybe true that problems at Evergrene hve been addressed by the builder, there
are sources of information that should be accessed to give you greater focus on the details
of both the specifics and remediation of discovered defects !
First- A visit to the Palm Beach Gardens Building Department will yield information
on any Complaints they have received and/ or investigations they may have made on these
issues., as well as outstanding "code violations" . .
Second look over the minutes of Annual Association Meetings to see if defect issues have
been raised by the membership.
third Look over the litigation (if any ) between the Association and the Developer ,or any
unit owner and the developer where physical defects were at issue..

Should you go forward on a deal with this background in hand, make your final selection
on a Home Inspector -in part- on the amount of past experience with inspecting other units in
the Community ! The more you know can cut down on any anxiety over defect issues
and on a deal that looks great otherwise! Best of Luck!
Web Reference:  http://pbc-realcam.com