I need low income housing in or around Westland. Where do I find it?

Asked by Viktorya, Westland, MI Thu Sep 25, 2008

My boyfriend and I just got served eviction papers. I work, but my hourly rate is low and my hours fluctuate. He recently got fired, and is now on employment. Because the state delayed SIX WEEKS in paying him, and my job screwed up for two weeks, we got really far behind on our bills. we tried to work something out with out landlord *give $400 now, try to come up with the $300 later* and instead got served.

I'm sure I don't have long to find a place, and we have absolutely nowhere to go if we don't find a new home. Where can I find low income housing?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Becky Johnson…, Agent, Canton, MI
Fri Sep 6, 2013
To apply for Section 8 Housing Assistance (FREE) you may contact the following agencies below.
Michigan State Housing Development (MSHDA) (313) 456-3540
Taylor Michigan (734) 287-9460
0 votes
They need housing NOW!!! No such thing as EMERGENCY section 8!!! And you will be on the list at least (5) years before you may be eligible for a voucher!!!
Flag Tue Feb 24, 2015
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Thu Sep 25, 2008

I'm not sure this website will help, but they offer some information. There are links to housing counseling, rental help, homebuying programs, and more.


You may also qualify for assistance under MSHDA which is available under the homebuyers programs link.
Web Reference:  http://mi-living.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more