General Area in Portland>Question Details

Newtie Marce…, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

I need a real estate attorney or a Realtor in Portland, OR ASAP. I'm buying an owner carried FSBO that's due to close in 2 weeks.

Asked by Newtie Marcelle, Portland, OR Sun Oct 24, 2010

The seller is trying to back out of the contract although I have a signed contract and earnest money deposited with at title company. He got a better offer, but is lying about his reasons for wanting to end the contract. I need a referral to a good real estate attorney ASAP, as we're supposed to close in 2 weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For future reference, Remi is a great real estate attorney.

Remi Baptise
805 SW Broadway
Suite 1900
Portland, Oregon

Phone: (503) 224-5560
Fax: (503) 224-6148
Who wrote the contract? From what source does it originate? Did you buy it in a store or get an Realtor(c) type from a real estate person? Do a google or search for "real estate attorney portland". In 31 years Ive never needed one versed in real estate so dont know any, knock on wood. I can give more but limited advice once I know the contract source and who put it together. Im not an attorney.