I may be moving to the St. Pete/Clearwater area and have been browsing at rental homes. There is one I find

Asked by Debbie, Miami, FL Tue Mar 25, 2008

charming in photos, but wondered about the neighborhood and surrounding area (i.e. safe, quiet, clean, etc.). The address is 1106 Grove Street, Clearwater, 33755. Thank you!

DB

Answers

12
Nick, Home Buyer, Clearwater, FL
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Hi Debbie

That is not the best area. I would go a little further east, towards Highland and work east from there.
Susan Gaddis, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Tue Mar 25, 2008
You will love this area. I am a realtor that also handles rentals as a service to my clients. I have several properties available and if I do not have something that will fit your needs I can refer you to somebody here locally. I have several homes in the 33755 area code.

Please feel free to email me with some particulars and I will forward you some information.

Bring the sunscreen. Look forward to meeting you.

Susan
Jo L Morris, , Clearwater, FL
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Hello debbie,
When are thinking about moving? As you may not be aware the market here is spiking again. So what you are looking into on Grove St may not be available when you decide to move or even at the same price if you decide to move here during our peak season. We are a seasonal city. SOOOOOOOOO with this being said when you make up your mind to move it is best to call a realtor before you look through all the charming pictures.
The location on Grove street where you are able to look and see the demographic for yourself is on the City of Clearwater web site for just this type of question.
Thanks for asking.
Jo
Bbbbb, , Durand, MI
Sat Jun 21, 2008
Debbie did you move yet? I want to move to Clearwater area from northern Illinois and need some help figuring out the best areas in there. I also want to rent. Let me know .
Tom Caluzzi, Both Buyer And Seller, Miami Beach, FL
Mon May 19, 2008
Safety Harbor is nice, Clearwater has beautiful homes next to trailer parks. Gated communities seem to be more attractive, Huntington Trace is very nice.
JM, , Saint Petersburg, FL
Sat May 17, 2008
Please check out my listings (rentals & sales) at my website below. I have some great properties available!
Wade, Home Buyer, 33626
Sat Apr 12, 2008
I agree with Jamie. Drive around to get a feel for the neighborhood. I'm a family guy, so I drive around on weekend days with my family. We look to see how many kids are out playing, how many people are taking care of their yards, bbq'ing etc.
If I were a single man, I'd likely be more concerned with the nightlife.
Another good source is to check the local crime reports for the neighborhood; usually a tell tale sign in regards to how safe your things will be while you are away at work.
Good luck in the move, we absolutely love the St. Pete area! We prefer the areas a bit south of Clearwater, since they are quite a bit less commercial. They still have that "Community" vibe to them. Check areas like Indian Rocks and Pasa Grille !!
JM, , Saint Petersburg, FL
Sat Apr 12, 2008
My customers have had the best luck making a decision on a neighborhood by driving around the neighborhood during the day and at night to see if it is what you are looking for.
J. Kutsmeda, Home Buyer, Yardley, PA
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Hi, I have a condo for rent: HARBOR CLUB LOCATED IN PALM HARBOR, A THRIVING SUBURB OF TAMPA/ST. PETERSBURG. HARBOR CLUB IS ALSO LOCATED ON THE PINELLAS TRAIL, ALLOWING RESIDENTS TO WALK OR BIKE TO NEARBY RESTAURANTS,MARINAS AND SHOPS. IN ADDITION, HARBOR CLUB IS AN 'A' RATED SCHOOL DISTRICT.THIS COMMUNITY HAS 2 SWIMMING POOLS AND SPA,TENNIS AND BASKETBALL COURT,CLUBHOUSE,PINELLAS TRAIL AND MINUTES FROM THE BEACHES. If you have an interest, let me know. It is two bedroom two bath and if you are looking for rent to own - I am willing to work with you. I have condo pics - full upgrade - granite kitchen, new rugs, new bath. Let me know if you have an interest.
hi there:
I am looking to buy a condo n or near St/ Petes. Can you send me pics of what you have for rent?
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
Loretta Buck…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Mar 26, 2008
Debbie, what I tell my clients is that "good neighborhood" is a very subjective thing--what's "good" to me may not be even close to what you're looking for, so whether it's a purchase or a rental I always recommend a drive-by. Even a thorough search of the area on Google Earth isn't going to tell you about the furniture left on the curb or how much cut-through traffic there may be.
I happen to have a good friend who has lived only blocks away from that address for many years, and I know she likes it there, but it is also an area which can vary from one street to the next, so again--first-hand is best, and good luck to you!
SM, , Lakeland, FL
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Hi Debbie,

There are many great rentals available in the area. Safe, quiet, and clean is always a personal judgment call. I never recommend anyone rent a place sight unseen without first checking out the area. It is ok for a week or so, but an annual rental needs to be thoroughly researched. We handle property management and have many properties available in the area. Our inventory changes on a daily basis. Check the link below for our current rental offerings. Good luck to you!
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Hi Debbie,

you should hook up with an agent who works this area, one who also specializes in Property management.

I would say IF you DO end up moving, the ahhhh........you could not pick a better place to move TO!

Don't work there anymore, but omigod! just driving over the causeway with the water on both sides, gives me the Jimmy Buffet feelings!

If I can be of any further help, please let me know. I would be happy to refer you to an agent there that can help you
It is best for you to stay with a local real estate agent if you are not here to drive around? Please remember not all agents are realtors and this will make no difference they are all governed by the same laws. Just call or contact the City of Clearwater demographics website and find out what is the best area for you. Then get in touch with a local agent by phone or email.
Clearwater I think does have some on their website. I live in the 33775 area and still my advise is if you are moving anywhere USA look first at the city and county websites for the answers to this type of question..
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013