General Area in Palo Alto>Question Details

Kristin, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

I'm relocating to Palo Alto/Mountain View area from LA this summer and am looking to rent a 2 bedroom

Asked by Kristin, Los Angeles, CA Sat Jul 19, 2008

home/duplex. I expect rent to be around $2500-$3000 for a decent place that will take a dog.

Can anyone recommend a good site for Bay Area rentals? Or perhaps an agent in the Peninsula that deals with rentals? Craigs List is great, but everything's snapped up before I get a chance to even fill out my application! Thanks!

David Blockhus’ answer
You might look at the web sites of the local newspapers like the Palo Alto daily and the los altos town crier. Bay rentals is a local company that works mainly with local rentals (homes)
I will try
THAT is the #1 way to find rentals. You just have to check it more often.
I do know a few rental management companies.

Grace Keng
Hi Jilka,

Another site you might try is Fogster. The problem right now in the Palo Alto area is that Stanford University is always short of housing, and now is the time that the grad students are out looking, and grabbing anything they find. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a house, however. $3000 a month can get you a nice rental in Mountain View. Craig's List is still the best place to be looking. Very few agents deal with rentals any more.
Hi Jilka,

Give me a call and I'd be more than happy to chat with you about rentals. 650-331-9088.

Also, is a great site, but craigslist is the best.