I'm moving to Houston TX in June , I have a 10 year old and a 6 year old. what neighborhoods are good for young families?

Asked by belindabossaller, Houston, TX Tue Apr 22, 2014

Answers

7
Elizabeth Me…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Apr 22, 2014
Spring, the Heights in my opinion
Thank You
Flag Wed Apr 23, 2014
Chris Prince, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun May 11, 2014
Hello and Happy Mother's Day! There are many great neighborhoods for families in the Greater Houston area. In order to make a sound suggestion I would need to know important information such as what area you will be working in, any hobbies are activities that are important to you and your children, what is the price range you are working with?

If you have time for a quick chat, please email or call me and we will narrow down the choices.

Have a great day.

Chris Prince
cprince@marthaturner.com
832-993-2796
Sahar Samadi…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat May 3, 2014
The suburbs are great for families. You can get a lot for your money. I suggest Sugar Land, Katy, or the Woodlands. They are all very family oriented, have great restaurants and shoppings. Katy has excellent school districts, and Sugar Land was ranked as one of the top places to live in America.

If you have any other questions, please give me a call and I will be happy to help you in your home search.

Sahar Samadian, REALTOR
Serve Realty Professionals
Direct: 832-741-3120
mlhc, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Thu May 1, 2014
The Woodlands has a fantastic school system and is a beautiful community with a lot to offer young families.
Quinntonia B…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Apr 23, 2014
Cypress, Cy-Fair, or Klein areas have great school districts. If you need any assistance I would be happy to help you.
Karen Sherri…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Apr 23, 2014
Houston has a lot of great neighborhoods. It would depend on where your job will be and how much you want to commute. The other answers give you great options for the north side of town. If you are looking more south of Houston - near NASA area. Clear Lake is a great area - excellent school district - CCISD or Friendswood ISD. This would also include League City. Great neighborhoods and a safe place to raise a family. Our family moved from San Diego to Houston 9 years ago and call the Clear Lake area home. Feel free to contact me directly. karen@karensherrill-homes.com or (713)817-5710
We are also moving from San Diego, I'm an Insurance Agent so I'm self Employed , We are planing to rent a house for a least 6 month to a year to get the feel of the city and than buy a house .Our budget for rent is 1000 and We the school ratings are very Important to us.
Flag Wed Apr 23, 2014
Brandi Trayn…, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Apr 23, 2014
It depends on what your looking for budget wise. Are you buying or renting? I would say Richmond, Sugarland, Katy, Spring, and the Woodlands are all excellent places to raise a family with great school districts and are family centered. Katy has a wonderful athletics program and 4H program! Richmond had good schools, Spring has a great tax rate and has okay neighborhoods. Sugarland has great schools, a good sense of community and one of the lowest crime rates in Texas! The Woodlands boasts excellent schools and has a pretty hip and health concious community. In fact one good thing I can say about The Woodlands is that there are nature trails all over the city and its very peaceful.

All of the places listed above are suburbs of Houston. Also its not uncommon for people to drive 45 minutes plus to work (or anything else) so please keep your communte in mind.

If you need assistance with moving or have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly 281-986-7356