I'm looking to buy a house in Lakewood, NJ. I noticed the property taxes are set @ $410K for about $7K per

Asked by Singlelatinman, 08701 Wed Jul 29, 2009

year. I'm buying the house for less than $300K. Will the township reduce the property taxes due to new value? or Will I have to hire an attorney to try to lower it?

Answers

3
Scott Taub, , 08701
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Hi, I'm Scott Taub from Champion Realty in Lakewood. The Township will not automatically reduce the taxes,however you can hire an appraiser to do it before the April deadline, or do it yourself. It costs about $500,try Value Appraisals 7329058804. Good luck!
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Fri Jul 31, 2009
Unfortunately, an attorney is always more powerful. Most recenty, I recommended a tax appael attonrey to a Trulia customer and she was most satisfied with the $500 reduction in taxes and the FREE analusis I provided. Email me and Ill give you his name and number

Love abd Peace,
Francesca, Realtor, ePr
732.606.2931 (24/7)
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
Christine Ma…, Agent, Reseda, CA
Thu Jul 30, 2009
You can go to the town to request a re-assessment for the value of the home, but just be aware that the fair market value of less than $300K is not the same as the tax assessed value. There are different criteria used by the town that are used to calculate the assessed value, so just be aware that you might not get a re-assessed value for teh sales price (under $300K) ...