I'm looking into Lynnbrook Forest in VA Beach, to rent a townhome. Is that neighborhood pretty good?

Asked by Nvywfy, Virginia Beach, VA Thu Jul 30, 2009

Is it a quiet neighborhood? Does it have a lot of crime? I'm looking into renting a townhome in Lynnbrook Forest. Thanks for any advice.

Answers

8
xscooterbuttx, Renter, Virginia Beach, VA
Fri Oct 12, 2012
THIS PLACE IS FULL OF BLACK MOLD!
I HAD TO PAY FOR NEW CARPET DUE TO THE MOLD AFTER MOVING OUT!
I HAVE PUT IN 2 DIFFERENT MOLD REQUESTS AND THE MAINTENANCE MAN SAID IT WASNT MOLD. BEFORE I MOVED OUT MY BOYFRIEND AND I PULLED UP THE CARPET TO FIND ABOUT A FOOT FROM THE WALL OF BLACK NASTY MOLD! I HAVE IT IN MY DOWN STAIRS BATHROOM, MY BATHROOM AND ON THE WALLS HERE AND THERE!

EVEN IF THE MOLD ISNT YOUR FAULT AND IF IT DAMAGES ANYTHING, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THE NEW CARPET INSTALLATION IS OVER $1000.00 THAT JUST TICKS ME OFF!

DO YOUR REVIEWS ON PLACES TO LIVE BEFORE SIGNING A LEASE!
Christine An…, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Thu Jul 26, 2012
I live in Lynnbrook Forest and have not had any issues, maintenance or otherwise. The maintenance crew responds within a couple of days of submitting a maintenace request. I have not been charged for any repairs.
It is a relatively quiet area and is a good mix of townhomes and single family homes as well.
The rent includes maintenance inside and outside of the unit and mowing of the small yard as well. I have two good-sized dogs, 55 lbs apiece and pay an extra $15.00 each to have them, no problem.
Lynnbrook Forest is centrally located and within minutes to Norfolk, JEB and easy access to 64. It's about 10 minutes from VB's Town Center. You are living in VB without hearing the jet noise from Oceana.

I would love to assist you with all your real estate needs, whether buying, selling, or renting. I would love to meet you. BTW, I am retired Navy as well and completely understand what is means to transfer to a new area or have a house to tend to in the process. Give me a call and we can talk.

Christine Anglin
Shaffer Realty
757-537-5928
anglin.christine@gmail.com
Wes675, Renter, Tulsa, OK
Thu May 17, 2012
Do not move here. They are a rip off and will try to charge you for any damages caused by their maintenance crew. They also charged me an extra months rent because they "lost" my orders to leave the area, even after I verified they had them on file before I left town. This company is a scam.
Lynn Ines, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sun Dec 5, 2010
Yes this is an excellent area to live and to commute from. The quiet area will be beneficial when you get home and want to just relax with your doors open and no worries!! Good Luck!!
Bh67, Home Seller, Virginia Beach, VA
Sat May 15, 2010
"Rent-To-Own" or Lease (6) months with option to purchase
(2) bdrm / (2.5) bath (very well-maintained) townhouse for you.
(Va. Bch.) - Holland Rd. Convenient to Chimney Hill Shpg. Ctr. / Lowe's and close to Lynnhaven Mall.
(15/20) min from NAS Oceana / Dam Neck

AVAILABLE: 25 JUNE / 01 JULY 2010

Home Improvement upgrades (all completed)
(1). Entire house repainted
(2). Bathrooms have had medicine cabinets (counter-sunk) installed and tile flooring
(3). Ceiling fans in every room.
(4). Huge Patio Deck (backyard) (13’ x 21’ ft).
(5). Fenced Backyard – No neighbors behind you! Acres of Privacy
(6). 15'ft. above ground pool.
(7). 10' x 12' ft shed (with interior/exterior power)
(8). Insulated (vinyl) windows. & (10) yr. extended warranty to new homeowner.
(9). New Roof (installed Dec. 2007).
(10). York Heat Pump/Cooling System and programmable thermostat.
(11). Water Heater in good condition with Hot Water Heater Timer
(12). New Front / Back Doors installed within (2) yrs.
(13). New flooring will be installed when we move out
(14). Appliances:
(a). New Refrigerator (Aug. 2009)
(b). Stove in very good condition.
(c). Dishwasher in very good condition.
(d). Washer / Dryer in good condition
(15). $1,125/mo. Rent. / $158,000 for $ale. (3) to (6) mo. lease or purchase after (5) mo.
* 10% of monthly rent ($113/mo) is credited toward purchase price.
(16). Tenant required to have Renter’s Insurance & provide proof of policy before rental
(17). Pets Welcome! $2,500 down payment required (will be credited toward purchase price)
(18). Non-Smokers preferred. No smoking in house.

BHimchak@aol.com
Rob Shaw, , Virginia Beach, VA
Tue Mar 9, 2010

The best thing to do is check the crime stats in that area with the Virginia Beach Police Department. I have never lived over there.

But overall Virginia Beach is a great place to live. I can show you rental property in the area if you would like.

I can start up a search for you. All I need to know is what you are looking for. Then I can email you properties that match your needs.

Then we can start looking at the properties you like.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I also included my website information below. There is a lot of information on there as well as some free applications and other sites.

Have a nice day!!

Rob

ROB SHAW
REALTOR®
Long & Foster Real Estate
Oceanfront Office
317 30th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Office: (757) 428-4600
Direct: (757) 304-7160
Fax: (757) 491-6184
Toll Free: (800) 941-3333
Rob.Shaw@longandfoster.com
http://robertshaw.lnfre.com/
United States Navy, Retired
Alison Cream…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Thu Jul 30, 2009
Lynnbrook Forest ? I have to say I know of Lynnbrook Landing but not Lynnbrook forest. I see a rental there for 100 in the mls. Are you sure it is lynnbrook forest ? I agree with some of the other post. Its important for you to determine safty. I know that is an odd way of putting it but we all have our own level of what we will tolorate. If someone looked at my neighborhood they might find it terriable while I feel like I live in a safe place. I would check the sec offender sites and maybe a few other ones like rotton neighbor. It could give you more of the scoop you want. Anyhow best of luck
Alison Creamer
REMAX FIRST
@bzibee=twitter name
Web Reference:  http://www.bzibee.com
Diane Ragsda…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Thu Jul 30, 2009
Try going to vbgov.com. Check the crime stats. I recommend you drive it at different times to see how quiet or busy it might become on weekends, evenings. Look at the overall care as pride in one's home says a lot! Do people seem to enjoy walking their dogs or stroll their kids, jog? Do your observations and fact finding on the internet and I am sure you will be able to determine if it is a fit for you.

If you would like to view any over there, I would be happy to work with you!
Diane Ragsdale, Realtor
681-5161
Web Reference:  http://DianeRagsdale.com