I'm looking for land just outside the Bangor area in the 10-20 acre size. What towns are going to have the lowest property taxes?

Asked by Tory Dearborn, Bangor, ME Mon Mar 1, 2010

Answers

8
Jolene Deering’s answer
Jolene Deeri…, , Bangor, ME
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Hello Tory

Some towns with lower property taxes outside of Bangor are: Hudson, Kenduskeag, Hermon, Orrington, Charleston, Clifton, Dixmont, and Frankfort. It depends how far outside of Bangor you are looking. If I can be of further assistance to help you search for property, please contact me.

Jolene Deering
Associate Broker
Town & Country REALTORS
1162 Union Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Office: 207-942-6711 x155
800-639-4905
Fax: 207-941-9870
Robin Wellman, Agent, Bangor, ME
Thu Feb 27, 2014
Hi Tory,
There are several listing with in 20 miles of Bangor. The following towns all have acreage between 10-20 acres for sale. The mill rate in Hermon is 11.70 per 1000.00 of assessed value. i.e. your property is valued at $10,000.00 your tax would be $117.00

Hermon - mill rate is 11.70
Bradley - mill rate is 13.50
Orrington - mill rate is 13.45
Levant - mill rate is 12.50
Lisa Caron, Agent, Bangor, ME
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Glenburn, Veazie, Levant are all fairly good on taxes. When comparing look at the amenities available to you and whether they are important. re: do you have children? check the schools, see if they are modern. Looking to be near the city but 1/2 hour or 40 minutes away? Winterport, Frankfort and Swanville are nice little towns and are also centrally located between Belfast and Bangor. Belfast is a great little place for arts, food and fun.
Hope I've helped. Lisa
Realtyminist…, , Indian Lake, NY
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Corinth is a bit further away from Bangor and should remain a lower tax town long term.. Depending on what you ultimaterly plan to do with 10+ acres- you could always put the bulk of the land in Tree Growth .There are'nt any surrounding towns around Bangor with high property taxes. I would be happy to help you find something that meets your needs.

Thanks.
GROW INDIA VENTURES PVT. LTD.
Industrial Plot No. 26/3, First Floor,
realtyminister
cell: +91(172)4444473
website: http://www.realtyminister.com/
Lesley Moose, Agent, Bangor, ME
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Corinth's taxes are kept low due to an endowment they have to work with. Most towns aren't as fortunate !
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Corinth and Kenduskeag seem to be the lowest taxes. Kenduskeag may see taxes go up as more people move into town. Corinth is a bit further away from Bangor and should remain a lower tax town long term..

Friends in Levant wish they could move their house just over the town line to get those lower taxes. One in Corinth is very happy he is on the other side of the road getting hammered less hard by taxes.
Lesley Moose, Agent, Bangor, ME
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Bucksport,Carmel,Charleston,Clifton,Corinth,Dixmont,Eddington,Hermon,Holden,Levant,Orrington,Winterport have lower tax rates than Bangor. Depending on what you ultimaterly plan to do with 10+ acres- you could always put the bulk of the land in Tree Growth to save on taxes- as long as you have at least 10 acres left over from your building site.

Lesley Moose
Town & Country, Realtors
1162 union St.
Bangor, Me 04401
942-6711x154

cell- 944-7991
Shari Garland…, Agent, Bangor, ME
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Hi Tory,
There are many surrounding towns around Bangor with reasonable property taxes. I would be happy to help you find something that meets your needs. Please feel free to contact me for a free no obligation buyer's package. My cell is 207-478-1293 or my office is Realty of Maine, 207-942-6310 Ext. 164