I'm interested in moving to florida when I retire in a year. The stories about taxes and insurance cost have

Asked by Roy, Ingleside, IL Fri Nov 23, 2007

me reconsidering. Could you give me a staight answer about this. I want to buy at around $200,000. What would my cost be in the area of sugermill woods and beverly hills.

Answers

5
Lauretta Haj…, , Beverly Hills, FL
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Hello Roy,
As a buyer in this area your costs would be a home inspection approx $350-400/ Survey of the property(depends on the size of the lot)/ Termite Inspection approx $50. The seller would pay for a clear Title for you , there portion of the County property taxes ,State Documentary stamps and of course the Real Estate commissions for both the sellers agent and the buyers agent. The only other cost would be your banking costs to acquire your loan, for instance an appraisal. Sugarmill Woods and Beverly Hills are in the same County, there may be an association fee orbcommunity dues. I hope that helps you. let me know.
Larry Scinta, Agent, Homosassa, FL
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Good morning friend,

Well I have sold many homes in both areas and as you know this is a great time to make a move as many beautiful pool homes are at terrific values. The assosation yearly dues are $85 per year, for general up keep of the area, and with public water and sewer, families are very pleased to live in a golf community.

I'm a very good negotiator, and I tend to every detail for you. I look at every feature and make sure all inspections of the home are up to standards. So please take a look at my website for much more of options and information to clearly help in your home selections, and you too can enjoy all the beautiful natural benifits of living in Citrus County.
Were a smaller county that has more things to do then biger counties, I look forward to meeting you and the family.
Lets stay in touch,
Larry Scinta
http://www.SoldOnCitrusCounty.com
Lauretta Haj…, , Beverly Hills, FL
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Hello, I am familiar with Sugarmill Woods development. There is no state tax in florida, Property taxes are going down due to the falling prices. When a property is sold it is reaccessed at that new price. Insurance has changed in the last few yrs due to the devastation from hurricans, but there are plenty of insurance companies around that can help you get insurance. State Farm is not writing any homeowners policies now.
We had St Farm and looked into another company and found that we saved a lot of money by switching.
We have lived in Florida all of our lives and I know there are a lot of horror stories out there and most are
untrue. I will be glad to help you with any question about the area, I have been in the business here for over 20 yrs. thanks
lauretta Hajik
352-422-1210
ERA American Realty
Tchichester, , BKLYN NY
Sun Aug 10, 2008
WELL IM NOT TOO AWARE OF THE SUGERMILL AREA BUT I KNO THT FL STATE PERSONAL TAX DOES NOT EXSIST AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN CITY TAX IS ONLY ABOUT 5.5%. IF YOU WOULD LIKE FUTHER HELP FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP.. TIFFANYC90@YAHOO.COM
Anna Moore, , 34465
Fri Apr 11, 2008
Hi Roy, To answer you question regarding cost of property taxes in Sugarmill Woods and Beverly Hills you might want to utilize the Citrus County Property Appraisers website. Fourth from the bottom, on the left side of the page, you will see the Tax Est./Forms button. Click on it and follow the directions on the page to get an estimate of what your taxes would be. Keep in mind that this is only an estimate and, in my experience, it tends to be on the high side. If you plan to apply for a homestead exemption, you could see approximately a $400 reduction.
As far as homeowner's insurance, I suggest you contact an insurance broker or company in Citrus County, give them an idea of the type of home you are thinking of purchasing and the neighborhoods you are interested in and they should be able to quote you a rough estimate. You can try Brice Insurance Agency (352) 344-1277, Ed Buckley Insurance (352) 726-6000, or The Hagar Group (800) 952-4953.
Another thing to consider is if you are looking to spend $200,000 or less in Sugarmill Woods or Pine Ridge Estates, the home will be an older one. This will be important when seeking quotes from the insurance companies. I would be happy to assist you in your search for a home in your price range in your preferred neighborhood. Just shoot me an email with your "wish list" and we'll get started.
Web Reference:  http://pa.citrus.fl.us/