Jan from CT, Home Buyer in Southbury, CT

I'm from out of state - CT. My husband and I are looking to relocate/retire to the Clarks Summit area. What?

Asked by Jan from CT, Southbury, CT Fri Mar 6, 2009

is the difference between a borough, town and township?

Answers

4
Linda Paone, , Clarks Summit, PA
Wed Dec 23, 2009
Hi Jan:

As Mr Vanston stated there is not much difference. But, there can be a significant difference in property taxes in the Clarks Summit (Abington Heights School District Area). If you would like assistance in finding the perfect home. Please feel free to contact me at (570) 947-6055
George Sheyp…, Agent, Clarks Summit, PA
Thu Mar 11, 2010
A Town is a Town. A borough runs the town. Some Rural Areas belong to different towns because of Location. They dont have Borough. Please let me know the area you are looking to locate in. I will be happy to send you out the information. ( Good Question)

Thank you
George
Julie Paddock, , Wyoming County, PA
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Clarks Summit or Tunkhannock are two great towns locally to move to. Very charming and have great community involvement. Borough is in town, and township is more like the school district. Hope that helps. Call with any questions.
Best wishes,
Julie Paddock
Century 21 Sherlock Homes
Tunkhannock Pa
570-746-0383

View my web site for more community information.
Robert J. Va…, Agent, Clarks Summit, PA
Fri Mar 6, 2009
Other than a definition, very little. Locally we mostly have boroughs and the outlying less populated areas of acre+ lots tend to be townships. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one town in Pa. and that is Bloomsburg. Maybe if you tell me what you are looking for I can better assist you.
Web Reference:  http://www.robertvanston.com