I'm considering buying a lake house on Peach Lake. Can anyone give me background on the lake communities around it? Thank you.

Asked by Margaret, North Salem, NY Mon Mar 28, 2011

The listing agent said that the lake allows motor boats. I'm concerned about noise and lake pollution. Are there any other Westchester lake communities that don't allow this? Thank you.

Answers

6
Donald Mituz…, Agent, Chappaqua, NY
Tue Mar 29, 2011
There are many lake communities in the area that do not allow motor boats. A lot depends on the price range you are looking for and if you are looking for direct waterfront. Peach Lake is one of the more affordable when it comes to prices. Some other lakes in the area include Lake Oscaleta, Truesdale Lake, Lake Waccabuc and Lake Katonah. Please feel free to give me a call or drop me a note. I'd be glad to help you in this area.

Donald Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman
don@nyhomeseller.com
Web Reference:  http://www.nyhomeseller.com
Nancy Tuccil…, Agent, North Salem, NY
Sun Dec 7, 2014
Lake Hawthorne is a smaller lake in North Salem and does not allow motor boats. It has a nice beach area with a barbecue grill, picnic tables and two floats.
Is the water clean enough for swimming?
Flag Sun Jul 16, 2017
gohollow, Home Buyer, North Salem, NY
Mon Aug 26, 2013
I do not know where Shari Lidsky came to their opion that the lake is quite.But on any nice day, there are motor boats and wave runners running back and forth all day long.It is a nice area for what it is.Just in general I am disgusted the way real estae agencys are exagerating the conditions and such of properties.
Shari Lidsky, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Margaret,
As an agent and resident in this area I can tell you that although Peach Lake allows motor boats, it is indeed a very quiet lake. There are quite a few different areas of homes, some in North Salem and some in Brewster with a range of prices. Please let me know what type of home you are in the market for and I would be happy to send you some listings.
Shari Lidsky
Keller Williams Realty Partners
ShariLidskyRealty@gmail.com
Alan Ibbotson, Home Buyer, 11201
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Hello Margaret - try Ridgefield CT, just over the border of Westchester (same commute). lots of lake houses and no motor boats allowed, just row boats.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Mar 28, 2011
If you are not too familiar with the area, why not take the time and visit more than once, look at whatever is important to you, possibly chat with locals, etc.; also research the area(s) online; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.