I'm considering building in Paloma lake or Georgetown village. How do these two areas compare as far as schools, resale value, etc?

Asked by Alan Trying Pcs, 78664 Wed Sep 23, 2009

I have a 7 year old son and will be computing to Fort Hood. The middle school at Paloma Lake is CD Fulkes and quite a distance from Paloma Lake. Does this situation hurt resale value in Paloma lake? Does anyone know of a new middle school being build that would affect the Paloma Lake area?

Answers

7
Carla Pennin…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Wed Jul 4, 2012
I live and work in Georgetown. The most requested elementary schools I hear about are The Village and Ford Elementary. In that same area, there is a new elementary school opening in the fall. It has the same name as a school that is closing - McCoy Elementary. The school boundaries have been redrawn to accommodate this change. These are all schools where, if you live in their boundaries, you will be in the west/northwest part of Georgetown, which is advantageous for a commute to Killeen.

I really like working with military families as my son-in-law is in the army. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for your service, especially today!
Stephen McCl…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Good morning Alan,

The Paloma Lakes area will be a Hot area over the next several years as development and growth occurs. That said Georgetown as you probably are aware has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years and will continue to do so as well as. The Shell road corridor is poised to continue to grow as in- miagration is projected to continue at record levels through 2015. Georgetown will offer you a more reasonable commute.

Village Elementary and Benold Middle Schools are EXCELLENT education centers. I can speak with authority as both my Children attended these schools. Teachers are committed to learning and preparing students for the next level in their academic endeavors.

If you are considering building maybe I can help. Check out my web site at http://www.cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com. We're new home experts and offer a specialized service for new home buyers/builders.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker/Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
512 876-3116

Certified Instructor, Texas Real Estate Commission
Champions Schools of Real Estate
Pam Jernigan, , Round Rock, TX
Wed Sep 23, 2009
I live in the Georgetown area and Georgetown Village has a great Elementary school - Village Elementary, in the subdivision. Georgetown is a much smaller school district than Round Rock. The town is awesome to live in - still has the small town feeling and culture. It is great for raising your family.

Feel free to email me or give me a call if you are interested in getting more info on Georgetown.

Pam Jernigan
512-635-7592
ladybug@kw.com
Mike Freeman, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Wed Sep 23, 2009
Alan,

The Round Rock ISD Boundaries were re-drawn for the 2010 -2011 school year and that puts Paloma Lake in the Hopewell Middle School District. The district has purchased land for an elementary school inside the Paloma Lake Development but a bond election has not been held yet to fund the building of the school.

Hopewell is currently the northernmost middle school in the district. In a city with fast growth like Round rock, school boundaries can be a tricky thing. Usually it is not a matter of if the boundaries will change, it is a matter of "WHEN" they will change. The round Rock ISD administration has said that they are confident that the boundaries that will be in place beginning in the 2010-2011 school year will be sufficient for a while and will probably not require any further alignment for 4-5 years at least.

The northeast quadrant of Round Rock where Paloma Lake is located will most likely be a very fast growth area over the next few years which should be a good thing for property values.

I hope this information helps.

Mike Freeman
512-694-9769
http://www.FreemanCentury21.com
John Magruder, , Williamson County, TX
Wed Sep 23, 2009
In Georgetown Village the schools are Elem - Village / Middle - Benold / High - Georgetown
In Paloma (RR) the schools are Elem - Teravista / Middle - Flukes / High Stoney Point

Teravista is rated Exemplary and the others recognized or academically acceptable.
I doubt there is enough of a difference to make that a major deciding factor.
Web Reference:  http://johnmagruder.com
Walter Rock, , Round Rock, TX
Wed Sep 23, 2009
My crystal ball is broken, so predicting future resale value is difficult, however, I think both areas will likely appreciate at about the same rate. GreatSchools.net is a good website for rating the various schools and districts..

We give 1% rebates to customers that we help with new homes and our services are paid for by the builder :-)
Alex Booth, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 23, 2009
Georgetown Village is a bit closer regards your commute to Fort Hood. Here are the school ratings for the Austin area.
http://www.alamotitle-austin.com/library/23/Public_and_Priva…

Let me know if I can help you in your home search! Have a wonderful Wednesday morning

Alex Booth