I'm a 19 year old female and I'm looking into getting my real estate license

Asked by Natalyako_001, Miami, FL Tue Jun 25, 2013

I found a local school that will allow me to roughly get m license in about four weeks. The thing is, some people have gave me their insight of how real estate isn't a good field to get into because of the fees and low demand. Before I was really excited to get my license but now I'm a bit hesitant. I'm also going to a university for a business management and hospitality major. So, I'm worried that once I get my license I won't get much out of it since I am a full time student.

Answers

10
Robert Domin…, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Thu Jan 30, 2014
You also need to remember that when you take the course online, it will take you much longer than 4 weeks to complete. It all depends on how fast you want to get your license and how fast you want to start dedicating time to real estate. Good luck,and trust me, it is worth it!
Luis Nunez, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Dec 16, 2013
Trust your heart

Luis Nunez
DTR Realty
786-660-3838
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Behind excuses is where the truth hides.
"isn't a good field," "fees," "Low demand," "a bit hesitant," "worried," "won't get much out," "full time student," "their insight," "isn't a good field," Seems you have already COMMITTED yourself to failure.
-
Nata, you need to get the babbleing voices out of your head and focus on why you even considered real estate. It seems, even without the distraction of the babblers, you are a house devided...business management, hopitialtiy, real estate. Pick a horse.
-
if you are unable to commit to real estate today....don't assinate your dream by TRYING real estate when you can not commit. Listen closely...well READ closely....
YOU CAN NOT TRY REAL ESTATE.
TO SUCCEED YOU MUST CHOOOSE REAL ESTATE!
I do not believe you have reached the culmination of understanding where you are able to choose.
-
If your goal is something other than success, you can do whatever you want.
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Unless you are available to your clients full time, it is not easy to develop a good real estate career - especially while still in college full time. Not impossible, but it just would not be easy. However, if you love the idea of being a realtor - find a good brokerage to work in and give it a good shot! If it does not work - not a problem, you are very young, and you'll have your business career as a back up.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Meg Sahdala, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
The best thing to do is always interview several brokers and see what they have to offer. Do they offer you training? Mentoring? How is their availability for you? Do they offer leads? Are there any fees? Desk fees, sign up fees etc? Can you count on professional development there?
Being a part time realtor is very difficult but possible. The main problem is that everything is going at an extremely fast pace and if you cant pick up the phone and answer your client who needs your advice right away you are going to lose him. If you cant go and show the property within 24-48h your client will go with someone else if you can only show weekends.
But you can definitely start slow, learn and do business with your family, friends and circle of trust.
Please contact me directly at meg@viviendarealtors.com regarding the opportunities for you in our brokerage Vivienda Realty.
Maria Diaz, Agent, MIAMI LAKES, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hello, the board of realtor in Miami Dade is offering courses of 63 hours for people who want to get a real estate license. The headquarter is located in : 700 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd.Ste 400
Miami, FL 33166. Good luck Maria Diaz
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Time is the one thing you need a lot of in this business if you want to succeed. As you have been told, it takes money to maintain a real estate license. You can choose to have your license in voluntarily inactive status to reduce the fees but you cannot operate inactive. In my very own humble opinion, one cannot have a full time job or be a full time student and be effective as a real estate agent given our current market conditions.
Irving Zamora, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
You can take the course online in our school site http://www.financialinstituteofflorida.com
at your convenience and for a really low price.
In reference to how the real estate business is doing here in Florida, I can tell you that any business you get into have its pros and cons, but as I always said to everybody, if you take the advise of people who don't have the lifestyle that your are looking for, you are buying their lifestyle.
If you focus on what you do and you are consistent and follow a system, there is no way to fail. It is always a matter of how much do you want to succeed and how much are you wiling to pay the price for that success.
Remember, If you think you can is true, but if you thing you can't it is also true.
In times of difficult, there is always opportunities.

Irving Zamora
Real Estate Broker
Homes 4 You, LLC
Real Estate Instructor
Financial Institute of Florida, LLC
305-450-0366
Mallorie Wil…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I'm unsure how things are in Miami in comparison to Indianapolis, but can speak from the perspective of a younger REALTOR. I got my real estate license when I was 21. I would encourage you to meet with some local real estate offices, requesting to meet with their recruiters. The recruiters will be able to tell you what to expect, cost and time-wise. Some firms require you to be a full-time agent, while others might be receptive to the idea of a full-time student. Some firms will hold your license in referral status, allowing you to refer business to other realtors for a %, as well as keep it in referral until your ready to activate it and use it full-time.

I hope this offers you some guidance.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
317-590-3434 direct
Ana Amaral, Agent, North Miami Beach, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Try taking the course on line it is cheaper and faster